Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bizarre find of 2012 -gold bridge

kschae4

My most bizarre find of 2012-gold bridge

This bridge with roots was recovered in May of 2012, but I was asked not to to post it sooner, as it is part of an ongoing investigation.
As I usually show my wife my unique finds, she suggested that I contact the police dept in the town where
I recovered it as it may be connected to a missing persons case. So I put them in a baggie and drive over to that police dept. I explain to the desk sargent what I was doing and gave him my contact information and he asked me for the teeth too, which he'll hold for detectives who'll want to talk with me at a later date. The next day, a patrolman in my town came knocking, but we're at work, so he leaves a note on the front door with a detective's name and phone number from the town where the bridge was dug. When I get home, I call, and speak with the detective, giving him info about the bridge and he asks if I can show him exactly where the bridge was found. We agree to meet the following morning at the scene. I'm parked close to the site when three unmarked cars with detectives arrive and after we exchange introductions, I lead them down a small embankment to the scene, where one detective takes pictures of the filled-in hole,and surroundings as the other two ask me general questions about metal detecting and how I recovered the bridge. Satisfied, they decide to bring in a cadaver canine, for the following week. They ask me if I can give them a written statement,so I follow them back to the station, where I provide who, what, where, etc. I understand that the cadaver canine found no further evidence, but the bridge is now with a forensics unit at the state capitol in Trenton, NJ. I've asked a couple of times for status on the case and about getting the bridge back, but they're part of an open investigation, so I'll not be seeing them returned to me anytime soon,if at all.
For me, it certainly was an informative and rewarding experience helping law enforcement and they seemed to appreciate my efforts to assist. I told them to keep my contact info handy and have volunteered to assist them if they ever have a need to utilize a metal detector in the solving of an incident or crime.
Stats :relic,auto sensitivity,high density, tid 37,depth 8-10 inches. Thanks for viewing.

That has got to win the "Weird Find of the Year" award. VERY interesting post.
Pretty unique in the dental world too, I bet. If they can get it in front of the dentist tha made it, I bet they can ID it.

When I stop by local LE to ask about any city regs, I always leave my card in hopes that I can one day help them. No callbacks yet tho.

Now that is one for the books Ken. Those roots are creepy for sure.
Good luck getting it back, most good dental gold is about 16kt.
Thanks for posting and helping our LE!
Bunker

Wow, really unusual find. Looks like it was ripped right out the the mouth, roots and all. I don't have any gold teeth to flash, I'm safe.

A really very bizarre find! It was great that you were able to help the law enforcement out though. If it was that deep, it would be a very old 'drop' and I would assume it would be very difficult to figure out how that got there in the first place.

May I ask if you have any Gang Activity in the area it was found... Or did have in past years.

Many weird things are lost in a Gang Brawl ......... And most are never reported to the Police Department...

We once had a guy bring a lip ring in with tissue attached.. Never did get it solved, but did hear of a little Gang turf fight in the area he recovered the find...

Now that is a cool story. WTG.

Looks even creepier than the first time lol you win!!!

So there he was back at the big pile of meat feeding... As a racoon he enjoyed the softer flesh and came upon the gleaming metal. Pawing it he grasped it and jawed off the meat. Suddenly a vehicle approached so he skedadled with the meat and shiny metal in his jaws. After a few hundreds of feet he dropped the metal and meandered on...

Time and leaves and grass and soon the metal was buried...

Until one day....

Well there you go. The detectives need to widen their search circle...

I'd say somebody took a hell of a shot to the left side of their face. Hard enough to break the bones of the upper mandible, those roots formed a good anchor at the angle they are at, so the upper bone had to be busted up for that to be dislodged. look for the right handed man who's weapon of choice is a pipe or a bat. You may even find a length of pipe or an aluminum bat nearby. One thing, it sure dont look like it came out naturally, and it looks to be 10yrs old or less. I doubt the fellow lived. :unsure:
Mud

Dentist emailed me back, but only had the picture to review.
"There is really no way for me to tell you how old this bridge is.. from the work, it looks as if it was done in Mexico or another central american country."
May be gang-related afterall.......