Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1/2 Reale

okierebel

Found this on CW site. Thought it was aluminum so thin. Almost trashed it but i know from previous experiences it's a no no.
Kept looking at it with different mag. devices and I could pick out maybe 4 or 5 markings that resembled my 2 reale.
Took a few days to figure out it was a 1/2 mex. mint 1785-89. I wonder if it was worn along time on a necklace. Man it
so slick and thin. Probably won't see much detail in pic. 20201025_162903.jpg

Oh yeah,, I see it. Would have been a shame to toss that baby out with the bathwater,, great save!!

Yes I have learned. One time thought I would throw away my headstamps(shotgun) they were piling up.
Was glancing at them picking through "Wait a minute" ...one was a flattened eagle button!! You know how
some rot off and just leave the flat primer? Got lucky for once. :nono: :nono:

That's an amazing find.
I found a cobb out here in Cali once and thought it was part of a pull tab at first.
Always recheck your finds before the trash can.

Attachments

• IMG_5363.JPG
    IMG_5363.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 97
That's an amazing find.
I found a cobb out here in Cali once and thought it was part of a pull tab at first.
Always recheck your finds before the trash can.
Yours is just as amazing!! I hope you are not in the area where fires have been in last few years. Man that has been awful!

Not in the immediate area but some were close.
Good and bad comes from the fires.
The bad we all know about :(
But the fires burned all the underbrush and now we can swing a coil in areas that we haven't had access to in years.

Not in the immediate area but some were close.
Good and bad comes from the fires.
The bad we all know about :(
But the fires burned all the underbrush and now we can swing a coil in areas that we haven't had access to in years.
I didn't think about the brush but glad you were OK!!:clap:

Reale nice ! Have found two 1/2 reales but hope one day to find a one reale or better yet a two, or better yet........
You get the picture. Found an 1817 8 Reale but turns out it is a counterfeit- at least I think so.
Hope the fires are under control.