Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1 gram nugget test

au79

I did an air test with my Infinium using a 1 gram nugget and the 8 mono - the coil didn't see the nugget at two inches in air test - it saw it at 1 in. but faint and would not give the high/ low tone till I touched it on the coil. I was disappointed soooo - decided to actually bury the 1 gram nugget at 3 in. the 8 mono gave a loud Hi/low - then buried it at 4 in. and again good hi/low but more faint - then at 5 in. a light hi/low but digable and at 6 in. it disappeared with the 8 mono. I might have found it at 6 in. if I had scrubbed the ground with the coil. I'M THINKING AIR TEST ARE NOTHING MORE THAN AIR TEST AND CAN'T TRUELY BE COMPARED TO BURIED TARGETS! I was happy with the results and glad I took the time to test. I'll test the 10x14 DD with the 1 gram nugget next. Also, this was freshly burier (no halo) so this type test may not be a true result for a 1 gram nugget at 6 inches. I was still happy with the results

Ray

If you dig it out pack it back in.

Ok, sorry I didn't get too testing the 10x14 DD. I had to send my ILS in for repair so it will be some time before I get back to this. It will be fun comparing My new ATG against the Infinium also. So, hopefully I will have the results from the 8 mono verses the 10x14 and then the ILS verses the ATG. Maybe I can learn to make a video to post the results!