Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1 hour 15 minutes in the woods

Did laundry, went to my grandsons 3 year birthday party, then moved a refrigerator for my other son, then went detecting. Was in the woods 45 minutes from 5 pm and ran into these. At first I thought it may be a can top as I had dug several of them already in the immediate area. Was a 28, 29 & 30 with solid high tone, but the 30 threw me off as that usually indicates a can top or flattened can. Checked the area with the X-Pointer and had nothing on or near the surface so pinpointed with the SE and had a large signal, not tight, but a solid 29 VID. So I said to myself, "Well it's probably a can, but you better dig it." Nicked it with the trowel and being it's almost dark now I at first thought it was a can top, except I saw the eagle. Checked the hole with my X-Pointer and had something in the sidewall. Boom, out pops the Washington. Both about 4" down. Stayed in the woods until dark again scouring the area.

I think life has it's paybacks!
#42 and #43 for this year.
# 3 Half, # 8 Quarter 2014!
The fickle finger of fate for good deeds done has struck again!!!

Ed

Sweet silver congrades Ohio Dirt Fisher :thumbup: