Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1 month new to the hobby

coin50

hi everybody.
I just bought a bounty hunter sharpshooter II about a month ago. I have been going to the local parks and schools whenever I can. I just can't get enough of it! I guess it's called an addiction. So far I have found 147 quarters, 152 pennies, 86 dimes and 15 nickels, also one 50 francs piece from 1953, (my oldest coin so far). I have found many of the coins as deep as 7". I have very few nickels, but I just "cracked the code" on them with my detector as of today! I found 11 of the 15 just today! Tomorrow I hunt my first virgin property. It is an old schoolhouse that was on an 1878 map. The foundation is still there. It is located in the corner of a farmers field that I was given permission to hunt today. If anyone has any pointers for me, I am all ears. If I find anything I will be sure to post it.

Try and orientate the entrances ,sidewalks and play areas then search in grid style good luck. Howard

Go slow and be sure to overlap your swings. If you find an area that produces well, go back over it at at 90 degrees to your first pass. If its a large area take your time, it might take 2 or 3 hunts to cover it all.

You are right about it being a addiction. We got you now. Don't let it mess up your life. Always make sure all your chores are done and your family is
taken care of then you can go out and have one hell of a time and not feel guilty. This is the best hobby in the world and it has led to many new good
friends. Bounty Hunters are bad azz detectors to start with. The only thing i don't like about them is they drive everybody else's detectors nut's.

Let me know where to meet you and I'll 'help you out.' You can trust me, :biggrin:

Sounds like you're doing fine. I would grid small small areas off and hunt slow and thorough. Hunt these areas north to south, east to west, and diagonally. Use all metal if you have it and dig everything as there may be some cool relics there. Good luck and keep us posted on your success.

Bill

thanks to everyone who gave me some great suggestions. I am just about to head out. I will let you know what I find, if anything.

I have a sharpshooter also and it has found some of ny oldest finds 1910 and 1912 wheat pennies. Good luck and have fun.