Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1 ring and small change

fongu

Finally got out to the river a week or two ago and stayed two hours. First trip since July and found some change, a lure and 18K white gold wedding band. Came in at 70 on the at/Pro. River is lower than normal due to our extended drought, but haven't been able to get back. 1.45 gram wedding band and looked like it had been there many years. Try to post photos when I get to town Thursday. About 40 bucks melt value. This area used to be waist high in the 60's but the power company increased the water depth in the lake between 16-18 feet so it's normally over my head. Just in chest waders last trip and hope to get out with wetsuit, but my leg is giving me trouble and having to walk with a cane and had to cook our Thanksgiving meal over 3 days while in this condition, but best meal I've had in a long time. Adversity makes me count my blessings. They start letting the water back up in 2 weeks and hope I can make at least one more trip and go more than 2 hours next time. HH

Hey fongu, nice job of the 18k ring. Hope you are able to get back in the water again and your leg improves, HH jim tn

Me too, Jim. John, I tried to take some good macro shots, but they didn't come out the way I wanted them to. Ring rang up a 70 on the At/Pro and 2.22 in change including a very abused 1941 wheat penny. The washer with the lure and ring sounded just like a ring and had my hopes up. The bucket of quarters is change I saved for years to check for error coins and finally had to roll them up and pay taxes this year. The item with the wire thru it is something a friend found at a yard sale and wondered if it was a cannon ball?

Found out this ring is gold electroplate, not real deal before I ran out of time at the library. Had my hopes up, but enjoyed the hunt anyway. Hadn't ordered any testing supplies due to lack of metal detecting.