Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10" Concentric Coil??

CladDog

I have been watching some UTube videos of a detectorist in Alaska using his newer Gold Bug to hunt tot lots and parks.

The strange part is, he has a 10" concentric elliptical coil on it and he does just fine.

But I thought that coil was not made to work on the Gold Bug series.

Is there something I am missing?

Good point! I wondered about that as well. He certainly does well with it like you said. I am thinking the 10x5 DD might be the next best thing.

I have a G2 and use the 10x5 DD coil on it... best coil I've used...and it doesn't come off.
Very tight coil, great in trashy areas with iron, and is about an inch shallower then the 11"DD and a couple inches better in depth then the 5" coil.

Thats the strange part. He's not using the 10" elliptical DD coil made for the GBP/G2.

He is using the 10" ellitical concentric coil made for the F series and the Omega, among others.

I thought those coils were not supposed to work on the GB series.

i use a 10 inch off an Omega it works fine :detecting:

hey Whimpster, I thought you were going to test your 10" concentric from Omega on your G2....

how does it do? I use the 5x10 also but am curious if the 10" can provide any benefits....

I’m still a tad confused how the Omega 10” elliptical concentric coil is advertised as an accessory coil for the G2, but not the GBP. From reading the posts above can I safely assume it definitely works perfectly on the GBP just like it would on the G2?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

The concentric should not be advertised as an accessory for the GB/G2/F19 platform products. If you can let me know where you saw that mistake, I'll try to get it fixed.

--Dave J.

I’ve went and bought an Omega today. The 10” concentric stock coil works brilliantly on the Gold Bug Pro!

Question for Dave J – What’s wrong with using a concentric coil on the Gold Bug Pro/G2 etc? From my experiments today, I think the concentric coil definitely increased the iron see-through ability on the Gold Bug Pro.

Oh I’m based in the UK. So perhaps dealers list things differently over here:yikes: