Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10 grams of 24 carat gold = Keerchinggggg

Terra1959

Hi :ausflag::biggrin:

Just an update on that un-marked, big and chunky wedding band that I found last weekend.
I am told that resizing a ring can sometimes scrub out its hallmarks, especially if the resize is a big resize.

I had it tested this morning and its higher than 22 k :thumbup:
To me ... that means it has to be either 23 or 24 k
As 23k is not really known down here I reckon its 24 :laugh: but I don't care either way :bouncy:
(it's the ring on the left in the pic)

For those of you who might be interested it has a TID of 38 :blink: (yeah...I know thats high isn't it )
T59

ps. the shopping centre buyer who tested it said she would give me $200 AUD for it ...half of what I can get for it elsewhere
I thanked her for testeing it for me and left with the ring

That means that it is 100% gold!:thumbup: It's a bit silly on the part of the former owner as it would be too soft, but great news for you. great find Terra.
Mick Evans.

Congratulations Terra, when are you putting on the keg?:lol: Gee, the woman was generous offering $200 for something that has a bullion value of about $700+. Great find

Well done mate, I'm still yet to find gold or silver ring for that matter, the closest so far is some antique looking dress ring which is so light I'm surprised it even has metal content. With that said I have only spent about 15 hours in the field so far, 'good things come to those who wait'. Congrats, Aaron.

Nice recovery T59! Some of the best gold rings I've dug registered as if they were going to be a copper cent. Nice surprise when they aren't! Congrats on finding this one.

HH Randy

Update

thanks all for your nice comments
This pastime sure is a buzz when a big score comes to you from just 1" underground

Ring was just sold today to my usual trusted gold buyer
He said it was 9.9gras of 22k not 24k...oh well thats fine with me ;)
It netted me $440 :cheers:
I also sold him 80 grams of scrap 925 silver at 89c /g

T59