Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10 hours of hunting Surfside Beach SC over 4 days

Overvoltage

Took the family camping at Surfside Beach SC for 4 days this past weekend. I was able to get in about 10 hours of beach hunting in between the family outings and the rain. Did some night hunting the sand (wet up to about knee deep and dry) with the CTX3030. Found most all of the clad (6 quarters, 5 dimes, 2 nickels, 13 pennies) and a stainless steel ring :thumbdown: at the towel line during these night hunts. Man was I disappointed when I got back to the camper and cleaned the ring off and looked for a hallmark. I thought I had a good one as it rang in hard at 12:10 on the CTX. During the day I hunted the surf up to about chest deep with the Infinium LS. The surf was brutal. Had my headphones knocked off my head at least once hourly by huge waves. Glad I had my scoop and Infinium tethered to my belt. The surf made it really hard to stay in one place long enough to recover my targets. I only found lead fishing weights, some with fish hooks still attached (lifeguard was glad I found them) and a lot of bottle caps in the water.

Looks like what I have been finding lately in the Charleston Area. Low tide yesterday was the nearest to calm that I have seen the surf in quite a long time. It usually beats the crap out of you in a short period of time. Three hours in the water yielded me 1 quarter and 1 one ounce lead weight.

Since I could not stay too long I did wind up with a total of $1.30 in clad and one junk ear ring as I worked my way back to my starting point. . Not much for 4 hours of work. But it was the first time that I have gotten out in a couple of weeks so I had an enjoyable afternoon.

That's a lot of punishment to take for the finds but like the rest of us, it's the getting out and enjoying the time that really counts. Hope you get the gold next time!

i did hilton head yesterday---super low tide. it was interesting--i usually find .50cents, glasses, fishing gear and assorted junk--with an occasional gold in between. at slack--i was walking about 20 feet from the ocean and my seahunter sounded. i zeroed in onto the target, held the pi to my side (limbsaver sling) and it sounded again. every move i made, i got a hit. i dug and dug for about 40 minutes--the place looked like a mine field as tide was turning. the total area i covered was about 20x50 feet. well, long story short, i hit $14.50 in quarters with my trusty mud shovel! i could only surmise that someone had their laundry money with their "stuff" and the tide whacked things around (the tide moves quickly at HHI).

the tide covered my holes right quick so no harm, no foul.

i don't poke around in the water as the waves usually beat the crap out of me--there is really no need as the tidal area where i hunt is immense.

The stainless ring was very nice, I just knew I had a gold or platinum. I sure was disappointed when I saw the INOX halmark .

Seems like every hunt I do at Myrtle/Surfside I pull in lots and lots of fishing weights, usually with the hooks still attached. Admittedly, I prefer the solitude away from the most popular spots, but I am NEVER going into the ocean without foot protection again.

Kin, I always wear wader boots when detecting in the water.