Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10 metre tide range low water search :(

Merlin cadogan

I posted recently about a 10 metre tide range here in the uk. I searched low tide today for 1 hour and found a few things. Padlock, nails, old brass o ring washer ( it looked like a ring in the scoop!:( couple of metal rolled up tubes, a length of very light but think iron chain, and two one pence coins. I lost one target in the shallow water as the tide was rushing back in. I was washing the sand and stones out of the scoop to recover the item and then it must have got washed out. I think it was some light metalic sweetpaper, but it might have been something decent. I took my boat out for a play again, I am planning to dive some treasure ships with my scuba kit and underwater detector this month.
I am also meeting a person who I spoke to on here next Monday at my juggling show who is 70 years old and does lots of surf hunting here in Cornwall, England.
A good day searching, and it looks like I've found a metal detector friend here in the uk :)

Beaches can look so darn big when you stand there and look around, particularly when you dont know the beach. It takes time to learn where things accumulate, and it also take time to learn to "read" a beach. Patience will be your other detecting friend.:)

with a 10 meter tide change i would go to the beach and just watch where the people are in the water most of the time,also look for troughs(cuts) formed as the water washs out and check them as gold can be washed into them and the cut gets you closer to the hard packed sand/rocks that the gold will lay on top of due to the hardness of that material,and also work in a W shaped pattern from high to low water and you should find a place where
the hits are as you look at where you have been hope this helps

The bum moved from MI to WV and I lost a hunting parter. He needs luck just to find WATER in WV. Sorry John, couldn't resist