Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10" round concentric Micromax coil

The Magician

I have recently purchased this coil, tested it at home and it works fine. I would like to know if anyone else has this coil and your experiences with it.

I will be using this soon, including a place where I'm finding silvers, and another where I've found two gold rings and a silver, as well as other goodies. Stay tuned. Hopefully, I will be able to find extra goodies after being over these areas with my Compadre and Golden with various coils.

In my experience it's a pretty good coil. Will give you more ground coverage and up to several inches more depth. I've used one mostly on an Eldorado with manual ground balance. If you're going to use it on a detector with preset ground balance, you may find that the ground adjustment may need to be tweaked to get the optimum performance from it.
BB

Thanks Bill, that's good to hear, I haven't been able to use it yet because of rain and stormy weather. I have only been able to air test it which accounts for not much, air tests didn't show much difference in depth to the stock coil but seemed to have more sensitivity than the stock. Hopefully it's different out in the field in terms of more depth. Both my Goldens have manual GB.

For what it's worth, I haven't seen tremendous differences by using larger coils. Depth improvements up to and inch or two and more ground coverage, but not at some unbelievable level. And they can be a pain if hunting areas that are very trashy. However, they have their place in the arsenal in my opinion.
BB

II took both my 11" DD and my 10" concentric out today to a place I have been finding silvers, both with my Compadre and Golden. The silvers have dried up because I've searched it numerous times, first with the cleansweep, then 11" DD and standard then cleansweep again, with the Compadre in between.

Straight away I found 2 silver coins, nothing much afterwards, there were lots of targets like other old coins that pretty much should have been detected. One of the silvers was in an area that I couldn't really get to before because it's usually wet, my other coils may have been able to find it. The other silver was on it's side, about 3" maybe, came in loud and clear. That's just it, a lot of silver coins here were found on their side, especially with the 11" DD earlier. The 10" was getting many coins which were lying on their side. This coil was also punching through iron well, a few times the iron object was 1.5" to 3" above the detected object. These are items if heard, should be dug. The 10" is outstanding, it really lets you know when you have a coin or a worthy dig, the tones sound great. With only one use so far, I ALREADY find it easier to use than the stock standard. The standard goes about as deep as the 10", maybe. But the 10" is dynamite on coins lying on their side, and there are lots of those.

Tesoro should really consider re-releasing this coil, the best way I can describe it is it's like using a Compadre with a 10" coil, in terms of the tones and information that you get with the tones. What a wonderful coil, an absolute joy to use.

I had a bit of time left before it went dark so I decided to try out the 11" DD, I like this coil as well. I didn't find anymore silver, but I like how it performed, I found a few old copper coins with it. This coil is HYPER sensitive, it is very good with coins on their side as well, it gave me some falsing unless I turned the ground balance more negative, but then I wasn't finding as much. Some disced targets came through loud and clear, turning the disc up higher than normal (relative to what you're trying to disc out) helped. I would say the 11" DD only covers about .5" or .25" more than the 10" concentric at depth though the concentric seems just a little deeper. I like the 11" DD as well, though I think the 10" concentric will be my main big coil, this is a joy to use.

Hey firecaptJoe

This coil is discontinued and is a coil that has some age to it, it is a thin, white colored, open center and 10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TESORO-LASER-10-5-PIN-CONCENTRIC-COIL-METAL-DETECTOR-/360482815237?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item53ee733d05