Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

100 feet from the front door finds for the last 2 weeks!!!

CZconnoisseur

Just thought I'd share some recent finds from the sidewalk strips and near the driveway. All the silver dimes had roofing nails, screws, foil, etc in the same hole. Found a 1952 Wheat 3" under the Sawzall blade which was only about 1/2" down - I think I lost the blade last summer while working on another project! The signal wasn't much different after recovering the blade, was really surprised to see an oldie come out from under it!!!

The old Wheat I photographed while still in the plug was exactly 6" down. It was in relatively clean ground, and gave a faint mid-high tone - enough to break the chatter from the EMI. This one came out of the recently-cleared sidewalk strips, must have missed the signal while getting rid of the surface targets. Again, I really wonder what's deeper than 7" in those strips - there must be a few old ones just out of reach currently!!!

Found the 1934 Merc 6" from the driveway with all these other goodies in the hole. The signal was a little scratchy, but the more iron that I took away from the hole, the clearer the high-tone came through! The merc was the last item to be recovered from the hole, about 4" down. Not real deep, but surprising to say the least! Found another merc last night only 2-3" deep with about the same amount of garbage in the same hole - I've learned to investigate everything that has a solid mid-high to high tone, even clipped signals. Most of the time it's trash, but every now and then...:clapping:

Need to get over to the fairgrounds again and hit the hotspot! I'm sure there's more Barbers out there just waiting to be found!