Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10x12 spider coil any good ??

A

Anonymous

looking for a coil for my wife's silver umax that will gain her some more depth for deep coins and relics, they said the clean sweep was shallow, any thoughts??

Yes... its a great coil for cleaner sites.... It will add depth... But it is more prone to target masking... and it adds a bit of wieght compared to the 9x8. Pin pointing can be a little tougher too.

I'd go with Tesoro's 10 1/2 inch Concentric coil. It's the thin pancake style coil with the hole in the middle. Lighter and 'feels' much better than the 10 X 12 and alot less cash. I've had both and performance would be comparable for both. I saw one in the classifieds not too long ago for about $60. Good luck.

Well I don`t have a 10X12 yet.
I do have a 11" Widescan and cleansweep.
CSC will run around 6-7 inches in good soil on dimes(Not Bad?). I find it comparable to the 7" concentric for depth. I have picked up dimes on edge at 3" with it on the Eldorado so it is very sensitive. It is very easy to snake around trash and is the easiest coil I have seen to pinpoint with.
Weight may be an issue but I deal with that by never lifting it off the ground, just scrub it along and it covers ground very quickly.
The 11" is lighter and does a very nice job as well.
It is a little harder to pinpoint with than the 9X8, but you can learn it with a little practice.
It really likes rusty soda bottle caps. But it also seems to amplify weak targets. So I have picked up some good target with it.
It will be replaced next spring with a 10X12.
Hope this helps!