Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10x12 widescan on umax detectors

vanner

Im looking to get a new coil for my Golden umax, The 10x12 widescan has my attention at the moment for ground coverage and also my due to my soil being pretty mineralised. Anyone with this coil able to share how it performs.... thanks

Im planning on getting one so im really interested.

Love mine when I use it mounted on my Vaq.
Nothing better for covering large areas and gives me confidence I am not missing much.
Many love the clean sweep coil on their Tesoros, also covers ground in a big way but the depth with the widescan is a little deeper.

With the speed of the Tesoros that widescan works well...I was literally running through a large field one time swinging that coil way too fast looking for one last Hail Mary signal before I left.
So fast it looked like I was a hockey player moving down the ice with a wide open field on a fast break...you would have laughed if you saw me.
You know what, it worked.
Picked up a hint of a signal, stopped and went back and opened a hole and dug a tab and a nice 14k wedding ring out of the same hole.
That one ring paid for my coil and then some.

I do not like the fact that high end pop tops now sound like dimes and quarters and most no longer disc out or break up at the end of the signal like on a concentric, but that is the nature of the beast when using most DD coils on just about any detector.

I used it on the Outlaw a few times. I did not get much, if any, more depth in my soil-- which is very mild -- and it was a bit more difficult to pinpoint compared to the 8 inch donut (which is spot on). Still, it was nice to have when covering large areas, so much so that I kept it for my Silver uMax when I traded my Outlaw.