Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10X14" Double D Coil in the Salt Water

Cupajo

Had the morning off (67 years old today!!!) and thought I'd go out and play. The swells were gentle with the water dirty. The hazy sunlight was so hot I had to head out to chest deep water to stay marginally comfortable in my waders.

My preferred area for hunting is in the water within 30 feet of dry sand (within 10/15' most of the time). I've worked this area so long and hard that finds are becoming rare. In deeper water there are 2 plus feet of sand and bottle caps (from the boats anchored a short distance away) to deal with.

This is a perfect spot to try out a detector like the LS. Using the 81/2 " Mono coil, I've finally managed to sort out and translate what my LS is telling me. I thought it was time for a serious session with my standard coil. After 5 hours I have a hand full of mostly hair pins and junk. 2-quarters, 1-nickle, 1-penny and 2-pieces of junk jewelry.

The only gripe I have about the larger coil is the pinpointing isn't very easy in dirty water!!! In clear water I have less trouble and haven't lost a find yet!!! Today I had 3-4 targets that started out shallow and ended up deep after I lost them time and again. I ended up leaving them after moving a dump truck full of sand and gravel!! I haven't had that problem with the smaller Mono coil.

Left all the great finds for another (hopefully cooler) day!!!

As an older hunter I feel that any day in the water is a good day, but some of them are great days!!! Today was OK!!!

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

Happy birthday, may all your holes be golden. HH regards Nugget.:detecting: