Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

11" coil finds

HuntinDog

Well here is my first hunt with the 11" coil and my first hunt of 2014.
The top left round piece is the top to a power flask.
The other two are Chinese coins.
Large one is Emperor SHENG TSU - AD 1662-1722
Small one is Emperor JEN TSUNG - AD 1796-1820
The top thing I think is a cap to a match safe.
The broken round thing is the wreath part to a tongue and wreath buckle with part broken off.
The little game piece looking thing is a 1/4 ounce gold scale weight.
A button, a tack brad, a chewed round ball and 7 shot shell heads.
along with a bunch of iron trash...

This was a good hunt for this spot. we've hunted it for the past year and a half with the 9" coil and targets were getting far and few.
The 11" seemed to hit a little deeper, but what I did notice was it sounded off a lot better on the target.
The deep stuff had a better tone to them and it separated very well. I'll show this in another post.
The deepest target was a headstamp at 12"+ although just a whisper and sliver.
I think I'm going to like this coil...

I was running Deus Fast
Frequency 12
Disc. 5.5
Manual Ground dropped to 85
The rest of the settings were stock

HH&GL

After a little more cleaning of the smaller Chinese coin I found that I miss ID'd it.

It is a
Dynasty: Ming
Emperor: Shen Tsung (1573-1619 a.d.)
Reign Title: Wan Li (1576-1619 a.d.)

So it looks like I broke into the 1500s

I know these little coins aren't worth much cash wise, but I love finding them for the historic value...
The Chinese immigrants coming to the gold country to make their fortune in gold and bringing along their life savings which had little to no value here.
My collection now spans from 1576 to 1889 of detected Chinese coins.

HH&GL