Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

11" round v. 11"x13" coil?

abcoin

I bought a Deus with a 9" coil earlier this fall and have been having a blast learning it. Now, I'm starting to think about adding a larger coil for a little extra depth.

Lots of people use the 11" X35 round coil, but I'm curious what the differences are between that and the 11"x13" X35. What do the folks who've used both think? Is there any significant difference in depth, sensitivity, etc. between the two?

The weight of the 11x13 dentures most from using it. Also it throws off the balance and is nose heavy.
I have the 9"HF, 11"X35 and a 11x13LF. not a lot of difference in depth, just more coverage.
I find that the 11x13 collects dust and the others cover all of my hunting needs.

HuntinDog pretty much said it all And he’s right on all points. Get out there

I have the 9" x-35 coil that I've been using since I got my Deus and as of yesterday I purchased the 9.5 x 5 Elliptical HF Coil to use in trashy places. I have several other type machines and really prefer the elliptical coils to the round coils... "D"

I have had most all of the coils. Personally my favorite is the 13" X-35.
The extra coverage over the 11 is great. If you already have the 9 I suggest the 13.
The 13 ran very quite for me.

Just my own opinion.

Thanks for the feedback, all. Certainly would be nice to have some extra coverage so I'll take a closer look at the 13"

If you already have 9" and buy the 13" please let people here know of the increased depth. I had at least 2 of the LF and 1 of the X-35 9". I seen considerable increase in depth.
Thanks

I have the HF 9x5 coil and that is like all I use as it has Great separation and I feel the same depth as the x35 9 inch