Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

11" x 13" Coil

Architex

How many have of you have the 11" x 13" coil, either black or the X35 one.

I’ve got both of them. Very happy with the performance of the x35 model.

I have the LF one.
Rarely use it.
I have it for open ground, but don't get a lot of hunts there.

Why do you ask??

Just whatever info turns up. Never know, I may have one some day.

Hope nobody gets upset but JMHO is the original is very heavy and since the 11” is newer design it’s really light and deep.

I have not seen the large x35 but if the past is any indication, there should be improvements in depth and performance over the old one.

Deus does a nice job on making real changes to products that make a difference in the real world not just something else to sell.

Jerry

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I have the LF 13x11" coil and it rarely gets used except for scouting around new permissions where some extra coverage may be called for to locate areas of interest. The 11" and 9" HF/ LF coils get more of a workout on regular hunts, especially where iron is more prevalent and more detailed coverage is required. Sometimes I like to give an area a last sweep with the 13x11" coil to pick up on any gaps in coverage (via gridding), I nearly always find something missed by the smaller coils.

I mounted my LF 11x13 on a straight shaft setup. Man what a dream the big coil is to swing now. I could swing this setup all day and not get tired. Feels like I'm swinging a 9" coil

Hey Joel how you doing? Where did you get your shaft setup? Pictures? If forum will not allow where you got the shaft can you do it at Tom's or Monte's ?

Have a good one,

El

Call me old school but I would think that the X35 11 inch should be better performing and a little lighter weight. I'm not sure why you would want to go back to the "original" coil even for the small size increase. What I do for "open" ground hunts is break out the AT Pro with a NEL Storm coil, super deep (well as deep as I ever want to dig)

austin_luker said:
Call me old school but I would think that the X35 11 inch should be better performing and a little lighter weight. I'm not sure why you would want to go back to the "original" coil even for the small size increase. What I do for "open" ground hunts is break out the AT Pro with a NEL Storm coil, super deep (well as deep as I ever want to dig)

Seriously if I wanted to swing a atpro I wouldn't of bought a deus. Good luck with ur atpro.

Hey El it's a aluminum Anderson shaft I got a good deal on and then slapped a custom bike grip on. Feels great to swing. I haven't mounted the controller yet. Not sure if I will. Here's some pics for ya

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pueDb4DAq18bAu0DQVofi0rUw-wpCDjA/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12_cTq_MjvnbQn5A63e-0-7ZRzf57TmGU/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NzJjolqJ-CsMvrS2V93zchKhnDLFZr2s/view?usp=drivesdk

Kickindirt said:

Seriously if I wanted to swing a atpro I wouldn't of bought a deus. Good luck with ur atpro.

Hey El it's a aluminum @#$%& shaft I got a good deal on and then slapped a custom bike grip on. Feels great to swing. I haven't mounted the controller yet. Not sure if I will. Here's some pics for ya

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pueDb4DAq18bAu0DQVofi0rUw-wpCDjA/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12_cTq_MjvnbQn5A63e-0-7ZRzf57TmGU/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NzJjolqJ-CsMvrS2V93zchKhnDLFZr2s/view?usp=drivesdk

I do very well with the Dues and AT Pro combo, different boats for different folks :)
I guess you didn't like the 800 to much as I see you where trying to sell or trade for a Dues lol...

I liked the 800 alot actually. Didn't have the money for the 800 at the time so I sold my Xp deus to get it. Spent alot of time with the 800. Realized the XP is the better relic machine for my type of iron hunting. Right now im trying to decide on the anfibio or another EQ 600-800. This time I won't be letting my beloved Xp go to get one. I know what ya mean about the atpro. It's another option that u prob already had that works for ya. But kinda like ur suggestion u could use a Xp 11" coil and be deeper faster machine. Actually prob the 9" hf coil would prob be deeper than the atpro. Some tests that I've seen ole cal do shows that in his ground lol

We should probably continue in DM lol..
I have done tests with the AT Pro and NEL Storm coil and it will hit deeper targets then the Dues in some modes. Yes it is a much slower machine but remember I am only using it on low trash area's or when I am trying to go as deep as possible. Sure it would be nice to have another Dues with a 11"x35 on it but I like the fact I have 2 different filter "systems" (2 different machines)
We all have what "works" for us and what we are comfortable with and being human we don't like change :)