Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

11" X35 or another machine?

GazinUK

Am running the ORX with the round 9" HF coil, am just wondering wether to purchase the 11" to get the lower frequencies, or a single low frequency machine to compliment it.
I do run a Nexus standard but that is very site fussy.

I would go with the 11" for the versatility.

Sounds like a good way to go, that or the 13x11. Vanquish is also around the same price range though.

Sell the ORX and put the money towards a Deus.

I have the Deus and the ORX. The ORX is every bit as good as the Deus. The Deus has more audio features but what it boils down too as that if it beeps, dig it. The ORX will beep on every target the Deus beeps on.

It is a tough choice. I too have been thinking of the exact same thing you are.....11" X35 coil or just suck it up and get another unit. I really have not been hunting that much in open fields to justify getting a larger coil for my XP units.

However, I have recently purchased an older MXT metal detector as a back up this week. I like the old MXT and found plenty with one in the past. So with what your debating your self, it cost about the same as your 11" coil would. The down side of it is, it runs on about 13khz. So if your using the HF coil already on your XP unit, your not really gaining anything. However if you look at it like I did, your getting a unit you can grab and go with in case you forgot to charge your XP unit.

That is why I got one again plus there are some fantastic aftermarket coils for it now made by Cors and Detech that are not too expensive.

Had a Deus, can't say that there's any difference between the two performance wise, and lets face it, how many Deus users can honestly say they use every program?
I don't use every program in the Deus for sure, who does? The ORX is a great detector; my brother has one and does great with it. But there is a huge advantage in being able to adjust settings, especially tones and tone breaks. I found having only 3 tones to be very limiting and I ended up hunting by ID instead of tone.

I don't use every program in the Deus for sure, who does? The ORX is a great detector; my brother has one and does great with it. But there is a huge advantage in being able to adjust settings, especially tones and tone breaks. I found having only 3 tones to be very limiting and I ended up hunting by ID instead of tone.
Very good point about the additional features and tones. Which program do you find yourself running most often?

Appreciate that, but here in UK we tend to dig everything above whatever you're iron limit is.

So, If you're hunting by ID instead of tone, do you walk around staring at the screen the whole time? On the Deus, do you just look at the screen when you hear, lets say, the second and fourth tones when hunting in 5 tone or what? I'm having a hard time understanding why you may miss targets because you're limited to less tones on the ORX than the Deus.

So, If you're hunting by ID instead of tone, do you walk around staring at the screen the whole time? On the Deus, do you just look at the screen when you hear, lets say, the second and fourth tones when hunting in 5 tone or what? I'm having a hard time understanding why you may miss targets because you're limited to less tones on the ORX than the Deus.
To clarify, when I wrote, "I ended up hunting by ID instead of tone" I meant when I was using 3-tone detector or program. On the Deus, I like to bump the last tone range up to 85 or so, just so it breaks up a little bit at zinc pennies. If I'm using 4 or 5 tones, I can reserve the highest tone for the highest conductors. That way I only need to look at the screen if I hear something interesting. Note that I don't always just cherry pick and ignore anything below 85, just in some situations with a lot of modern trash. Hope this helps. Sometimes the simplest things are hard for me to explain.