Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

12 65Xand 1266X Battery Cases

Hey Folks, I know y'all hear it all the time and here I am also looking for some battery cases for a digging buddy.He lives in the woods where there ain't a lota internet connections and needs some Battery cases for his 65's and 66.The ebay sellers don't say what cases are for what Fisher and besides I am trying to get my buddy in contact with someone that he will be able to deal with either by phone or mail.I already have a dealer friend working on it and I thought I would snoop around some and see what I could find out.I would hope that one day maybe some one would be able to make it a little easier to get those cases.Ebay is a pain in the butt, or maybe I am just a cranky old dude. Whichever, Any help will greatly be appreciated and HH to all!, Charlie

Hi Charlie, I just a new to me 1266x and am really enjoying it. I was wondering if you have a Radio Shack near by you could bring in one of the battery holders and see if they can match it up. If you don't have a battery holder to bring let me know and I will take one of my holders to Radio Shack and see if they can match it up & if so I could let you know the part number. Steve.

Hey Steve, that sure would be mighty good of you if you could check at Radio Shack for me. Please don't go out of your way if it is any bother for you. I have a Radio Shack close by, but no Battery Case.One of my digging buddies is the one needing the cases. He has a 66 and a couple of 65's. We got a case or 2 several years ago, I think from a dealer , and last year I managed to get a case for another firends 65 off ebay, but I am not sure about the cases now on ebay, and don't like to deal with Pay Pal.(don't like their Politics) I don't think there is a difference in the cases for the 65 and 66, other than the original cases for the 65 "may" have been the WHITE ones,(but don't remember) and am pretty sure the BLACK ones are the newer version and for a fact are much more/ better/sturdy than the White ones..Also had a dealer tell me that he thought the serial # of the detector would be needed to figure out which case fit which machine. That is likely since the 65 ,66 (and others) are no longer so familuar with so many folks and the Battery cases are really hard to find now. If you do find a match for them at Radio Shack , or anywhere, be sure and grab yourself a couple of extra ones. Even the Black ones are subject to break after enough stress, and they are a real pain when they break. I think the ebay (black) ones are the correct ones, but would also hope to find an outlet other than ebay... Thanks Steve, any thing you can find out will be greatly appreciated! Charlie

The Battery holder part # is BH-342-1 this sight has them, http://comf-hk.com/ZCart/two-c-cell-battery-holder-p-55.html?language=en
But I got mine from Fisher. Give them a call first.

Thanks Shooter! Oh yeah, that will work great, and thanks so much! I will call Fisher first, but when I called the last year they told me they no longer had the cases.Since you get yours from them , then they must have taken up some slack.Thanks again and HH everyone! Charlie

Hi Charlie, just got home from a nice hunt with the 1266x, I really like that thing more & more each time I use it. My first coin was a toonie (Canadian $1.00 coin), While I was in town I took my battery holder into Radio Shack, they told me they didn't have such a thing. I am sending you a pm with another possible place that might have some holders.While I had the battery holders out of the detector I tested them with my multimeter and they each had 5.98 volts, thats after 4 or 5 hunts and with cheapo alkaline batteries. Very easy on batteries. Take care! Steve.

P.S. The holders in my 1266x are white.

Here you go Dude Found them and only an hour and a 1/2 too get them http://www.ebay.com/itm/battery-holders-4-AA-metal-detector-garrett-fisher-/150679351688?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2315307188#ht_500wt_1202
Don't WAIT.

If you don't get any of the ones I told you about theres plenty of them with the 2 wires with out the snap connectors, just solder the wire to the right ends of a 9V connector The oppisite of the 1266's connector and problem solved. I saw one yesterday with both connectors but can't seem to find it but I'll look again. Hope I helped you out.

Ther are plenty of these holders from local suppliers and heres a pic on hoe to modify it.

Thanks Steve, that 66 goes deep!. I didn't use mine but a year or so but I remember that it was a dirt hog in deep pine straw, where I was loosing several inches due to the buildup. 66 punched down like the straw wasn't even there. Also for me it was the most comfortable machine I have ever swung, though it is a little heavier than some I use now. The balance was just perfect, and that can , and will make even a heavier machine feel lighter.Don't think my diggin buddy will care whether the cases are white or black, long as he gets some. HH, Charlie

Thanks Shooter, Dang right you helped!! That mod job may be the way to go too and will solve all the hassel involved with the cases. Be a cool project to whip up a couple of spares on a rainy day. Those cases go bust and they can be a real pain!.My buddy will like that idea! Thanks again, and HH, Charlie

shooter said:
Ther are plenty of these holders from local suppliers and heres a pic on hoe to modify it.

Nice tip shooter, I copied it to a folder, could come in handy when mine gives out some day.

Ron in WV

You guys are more then welcome, I kind of like doing modifications, got a bunch of others on web sites also.