Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

12 inch coil versus 10 dd coil.

below2doe

Hi Guys,

Can someone give me some advice on how much more depth the 12 inch coil has over the 10 dd using mixed mode or all metal in neutral sand on a u.s. dime. This is using it at the beach or tot lots.

I am in Down Under In OZ.

Regards Below2doe.

A little big for tot lots I would think.
It will keep you from getting up close to the equipment.

The 12" was never made to run in tot lots. As stated it is too big to get around equipment. So I have never used one in that situation.

At the beach the D2 is not the coil to use and neve use a DD at the beach. I have a used 12" concentric coming to use at the beach this winter. I got it not to improve on the D2 but to get more coverage and depth than the 9.5 concentric coil. It should get 2" to 3" over the 9.5.

I plan to run mixed mode in the dry sand and saltbeach / mixed mode in the wet sand.

Hi Guys,

I have had the v3 for over 4 years now and have the standard 10 inch coil dd the 6x4 shooter which i use in the tot lots and the 9x6 elleptical. I just put tot lots so maybe somebody could do accurate test say on a u.s. dime with the 10 inch and the 12 inch . The way we do these tests here in oz, is to place the coin in to a p.v.c. tube with one end blocked off with p.v.c tape and the sand taken from the bottom of the hole to the bottom of the tube and the surface sand to the top. I have a program set up in mixed mode for the beach which the 10 inch dd coil works fantastic on the dry sand and handles the wet sand with salt mode as we have very little black sand along our beautiful coast. But i need the extra depth if it can do it

Regards Below2doe

In wide open areas, the 12" is the one no doubt. (For tot lots I use the 5.3 first, and then bump in tight to chain link and steel with the 4x6.)