Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1200 series coil input

Joseph in Alabama

Hey Guys. was wanting to know if anyone using a 65 or 66 has/had been impressed "depth wise" ..using the 11-12 inch "Hothead" coil over the solid 11 inch or the 10-1/2 inch open coil...thanks joe

As I recall from the good old days (or bad old days, depending your perspective), the Hotheads were widely dissed.

The situation with aftermarket accessory searchcoils is better these days, with at least some of the manufacturers actually knowing what the heck they're doing and producing product they don't have to be ashamed of.

I used the hot head on a Garrett and my take back then was it was hype. I never saw ant advantage in depth. I don't believe they would fared any better on the Fishers. The modern after market coils are good coils from my experience

The Hotheads were slightly larger so theoretically they got more depth from that--not anything proprietary or a design design breakthrough.
They also made loops for other detector manufacturer to their specs. and names.
(I recall an article where Ron Shearer of Discovery talked about this.)