Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1200 series DD coil?

Not by Fisher! many folks thought the 5"x 10" Elliptical was a DD design but it wasn't.
Now there was supposed to have been an aftermarket DD coil that was made for the 1266, but I never really found any proof of that. The next problem is I'm not sure (haven't tested it out) that the 1266 coils will back date to the 1265, do know that 1265 coils will work on the 1266.

Next is the fact that older machines like the 1265/1266 was never designed around the DD technology, yes the DD coil design was around but other than (I Believe) Compass the manufactures couldn't get satisfactory results with that coil design, they knew it would work but for the most part its concept was put on the shelf for a later date.

Mark

I know if you search the archives of this forum, Bill Ladd was selling one that he had for his1270. It was a long time ago.

I just went to the Detech web site and if you scroll down the page the 7th and 8th coils are for the fisher 1200 series hope this helps joe

Your right they list several DD coils for the X series detectors. They did look like the one Bill Ladd had for sale I remember that coil.

Ron in WV

That is the way I have always understood that X series = Fisher's 1200's

Ron in WV

I just wonder how they perform? Joe didn't you have one of those at one time?

Hey Morgan ... yes I had the 12 inch Detech coil awhile back..It hit down the center of the coil just like a DD is suppose to HH joe

Did it have pretty good depth Joe compared to the 8" or 10-1/2" coils?

I have an "old school" 1266-X. And quite a few years ago I purchased a HotHead coil from KellyCo. Best investment I ever made. Dug gold rings at 13 inches (was quiet signal) just a whisper. Also went to a very beat area in my local park and dug a 1923 peace dollar at 18 inches. When I questioned KellyCo about the manufacturer of the coil, they told me that the company would not allow them to divulge that info. So I figure KellyCo is the manufacturer. Does anyone know who makes the HotHead coil?......nge

I got an old one but can;t remember what detector it was for.Anyone know how to find out?

I HAD A 1266X WITH A 5X10 COIL BUT IT WAS NOT A D.D. COIL ,1270 HAD A DIFFERENT FREQENCY .ALSO I THINK I HAVE A VERY RARE COIL FORTHE 1266X------ ITS A WATER COIL :yikes:ITS MADE SO IT DOES NOT WAVER IN THE WATER IT HAS HALF MOON OPENINGS VERY MINTY:thumbup:

How bout a pic of the coil you have CJM!

My 555-D water coil is a solid filled coil so it doesn't float, was hard keeping the normal coil down back then. Now with tha spider type coils there's no more problems holding then down.

We had a solution for floating coils back in the day. An old sock filled with sand and tied to the shaft just above the coil.......nge

I remember doing that too.

Hothead coils were made by Paul Wilson in Indiana. He also made super detectors.I have 2 of them. In the 70's and 80's every relic hunter-including myself-in central Virginia used one

Ive got 1 but I don't remember witch detector it was for, only had a Tesoro Silver Sabre, Fisher 555-D, and I think I might have had my 1265X at that time, any help out there.