Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1226x stopped working

Nomad NJ

My first detector a 1226x just stopped working. The batteries are fine. It started for a while and just stopped working. Any suggestions.

Nomad NJ said:
My first detector a 1226x just stopped working. The batteries are fine. It started for a while and just stopped working. Any suggestions.

Yes! I have a 1266 that would just stop working and what I found out was one of the wires inside the coil connector (one on the coils cable) was broken lose. With the metal collar pulled back on the connector I was able to mark the color to pin number and I just snipped all of the wires and re-soldered them and its been fine ever sense. But, at the time I didn't think that a wire in the connector would kill a detector and I don't think it really did, but with no power indicator and no response to anything it just seemed dead.
Check your coil connector.
Also, check ALL the battery contacts and connections.

Mark

On my last 1266x I had, it did the same thing. Sometimes it would come on and then go totally dead.
A call to Fisher for a new off/on switch cured my problem. I'm thinking the new switch was about 6.00.
I think with age the power switch gets worn out or all funky inside and shorts out. This may not be your problem, but sure sounds like the problem I had with my 1266x......HH

Roger