Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1236-X2

Allspice

New to forum been detecting since 90’s when I bought my first detector in Los Banos where I lived for 5 years. Don’t know if I should sell my 1236-X2 and buy a digital detector? I go to salt beaches 3or 4 times a year and Hawaii once a year. Any advice?

Well if you want to keep your cost down I would get an X terra Pro, if you don't care about price get a Deus 2, I'm sure you will hear others chime in but in my opinion those two are good options. There are a lot of choices now when it comes to beach detectors. The 1236-X2 is an excellent detector even now.

Well if you want to keep your cost down I would get an X terra Pro, if you don't care about price get a Deus 2, I'm sure you will hear others chime in but in my opinion those two are good options. There are a lot of choices now when it comes to beach detectors. The 1236-X2 is an excellent detector even now.
Thanks for the great info, X Terra will do wet salt with signal frequency? What about the vanguish 540 ? Both in my price range.

Yeah check out the youtube channel Iffy signals , he did a good run down on the X terra pro, also the channel Metal detecting NYC , he compared the X terra pro to the Minelab high end detector the Manticore , it held it's own on the beach. The Vanquish detectors aren't water proof as the X terra pro is. If you want to spend a couple hundred more then the Nokta Legend is a good choice. Check out some of the beach hunters on youtube and you will be able to see the Detectors actually being used.

You’re right from the information I have read!! I’ll keep it and buy a new one. I have found 700 plus dollars in just clad coins with my 1236 X2 and have a ton of great memories! That’s for your advice!!!!!

I used a 1236x2 for years in the UK, recently sold it to upgrade to a Deus 1 which I love, but if I see one come up for sale again I will definitely get another,they are brilliant machines.