Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1236x2 Settings.

Hey all, just got a new to me 1236x2 today and was testing it out. Air tests and just taking it for a spin in my yard. I have a few questions if you would be so kind to chime in. One, I wasn't that impressed with the air tests, is it noticeably deeper in dirt? Also, I set the Disc all the way counterclockwise which I assumed would knockout nails and small iron bits. With that setting I was digging nails non stop. Not big ones but average size rusty nails that rang out loud and clear. I turned the disc knob up and some of them were still sounding at 5. I guess what I'm asking is what good is the iron reject setting if it doesn't even reject nails? Also, what setting do you guys find perfect for coin hunting? The best and most stable for me so far was Sens 8 Disc 5 Volume 8. I strictly hunt for old coins and if I get jewelry, cool. Thanks for any thoughts. -Jay

Leave the silencer switch on and that will help you alot as far as it being quieter. Adjust the sens. and disc to your liking. The 1236 x2 is a great machine one of the best coin hunters out there and alot of people use them for seeded hunts in clubs. HH

If you swing it fast over a target with it set at the iron pre-set, with silencer off, the target should break up if it's iron (at least small iron). Never seen a machine that is deeper in the ground than in air tests. Heard people say it but don't see how it's possible.

I have just discovered if I swing really quick over a target..it starts to break up if it's iron or vanishes totally. I still don't like how I'm digging pulltabs even with the disc on 8-9. They give a great signal in the ground but when I finally get it out of the hole they disc out totally or really clipped. I don't know why with a disc setting almost maxed out..I still get pulltabs.

J,I have used both the 1236-X2 and 1235X both are great comp detectors.The 1236 has a boost if the volume is turned past 4 if I remember correct, so volume to the max if you want depth.I always run the silent mode off,the clicks and pops don't bother me,usually easier to find the round signal,which this will pick silver coins out of thrash.The 1236 has excellent depth in the field,a 1266X or Deep Tech unit will air test a lot further out than this unit but this detector would be my choice for coin hunting.Good Luck Ron