Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1236x2

Aesop

It would be great if First Texas/Fisher came out with a new none metered machine that is a 1236x2 but with a manually adjustable ground balance and threshold.I like the 1236x2 but I hate the fact that you can't manually ground balance it or set the threshold.What are your thoughts? HH Bill.

Yes, I agree. I almost bought a 1236x2 but the fact it had no GB made me hesitate. Also the fact that there is no DD coil for it. I live in Southern California and the ground is hot here. We need all the help we can get around here.

EC

It's a 5X10 elliptical made by Fisher. I have one on mine and it works great in nasty soil and a killer on the beach. They are kinda hard to find but I remember there was a dealer that had some for sale on his website not long ago.

I just assumed being elliptical it was a DD configuration. Been using it on the 1236x2 since I got both together on a trade. I haven't even tried another coil as I thought the great performance I've been getting on our black sand beaches was because the coil itself. As a matter of fact I've been doing so well with the 1236x2 and the elliptical coil and my Minelab Advantage on the beaches that I haven't even used the CZ-70 Pro I bought from you recently on the beaches yet. Thanks for setting me straight!

Bill,I think one of the great things about the 1236x is its simple easy to use and works well in most area's even without a manual ground control.Just think of it this way are more knobs going to make a better detector.