Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1265x

rockpup1

I have a chance to get a 1265x.Whats a good price.its in great shape,the seller says.He is asking $175 but it will cost around $60 in gas to get there and back.
I have heard they are good for silver coins.Im after sometihng with a little more depth on silver than my gold bug pro and a backup coin machine.I have a alternative gold machine(Infinium) just want a good silver coin machine/relic.

If you can't work out someway to get it shipped I would go get it.

Ron in WV

So this is a good bargain at $175.They might ship it to me.Its on kijiji website-freeby add's.I like to see what I am buying first but if these machines are so good not much could go wrong.Most my other metal detectors were or are fairly durable,only my kellyco mp3 died on me-it was awesome electronics-deep amazing disc but made so crappy.

Never had a older fisher unit.So far from what I gather they are deep on silver coins-deep enough.

I thinking this would be a far deal if it is a good working unit, but not a steal.

The only problem I know of with the 1265x was the battery box latch for the cover. They were plastic and they just didn't last long. That isn't a show stopper it's just a cover for the battery box, so a little duck tape could hold it in place.

You will save money if they ship, but if you picked it up at least you could look and try it out and walk away if you don't like what you see. To buy and ship it sounds like a pig in a poke, the 65's are pretty old machines so it could be in pretty bad shape. Now that I hear a little more about the deal I would just pass, there are more 1265x's out there and you can find them if you just spend the time.

Ron in WV

Sounds like the price is fair if it works ok. I used a 65 for many years and now am on my 3 rd 1266 - If I had to do it over I would get a 1266 if possible. They just seem like a deeper, better running machine. Steve in so az

Ron's right, Top Notch machine well worth the price, had mine since the 80's goes deep, great with silver and gold. Dual Disc. Modes work fantastic , keep Disc 1 just under 5 and she'll pick up gold, two position Sensitivity setting knob "in" for regular sen. and pull knob "out" for MAX setting. Ron was right on the battery cover , the knob was a pull out to remover the cover to change batteries, push in to lock again. Just had mine reworked by Fisher and they have a new cover for the 1265X, the knob has a bolt on it and screws tight, great modification.

Cool I talked them down to $100.I think they might ship.I would be willing to take the risk.They say its in great shape and I can tell its pretty decent shape from the photos.The battery screw plastic thing on back looks good.

I have three words for you!! ( Snatch It Up)!!!! Heck if you get it and don't like it shoot me a message and I'll give you more than 100 for it!!

Grab it and run at that price if it's a keeper, another thing that goes wrong is the spring loaded toggle switch, this is used to switch between the two disc and also for pinpoint, mine after time no longer function properly and switching to disc 2 does not work, even the pull for pinpoint don't seem to work right now. If you could drive there I would do that so you can check it out more closely and check that toggle switch to see if it's function properly. Yes the battery cover is just a push in type hard plastic grommet that pushes into a hole and spreads out to make contact with inside the hole. What happens is the tabs on the grommet after awhile break off leaving not much to grip on to inside so the cover will try to pop off. I picked up another one years ago but not sure if they have parts for them anymore sounds like they modified the other guys to a bolt type. I kept mine on with large elastic bands wrapped around the 2 sides of battery compartment, this work without a hitch. Make sure you check that toggle before you leave with it! G.L.
A1MTD :canadaflag:

Still have not heard back from them for a time to meet up.I will have to try again maybe they sold it? If not I will keep in mind the toggle switch but I could fix a easy problem like that myself.
I want a machine for silver and less sensative to foil trash than my gold bug pro.Its not like the gold bugs a good machine but i do need the 5x10 coil takes along time to cover any ground with the 5"

If you look long and hard you can find a 5x10 for that 1265x if you land it. But the down side you may pay as much for the 5x10 as the 1265x detector. There out there I just traded mine off.

Ron in WV

wow----i found a mint, one owner 1265x,with the stock 8"concentric coil,which does better than the 1266x stock spider coil:shocked:it was not cheap,but never seen a mint 1265x,except the mint 1266x that i also have.this are very,very,rare to find:drool:this will follow me in a u-haul trailer when i pass.::laugh:

C.J.M. said:
wow----i found a mint, one owner 1265x,with the stock 8"concentric coil,which does better than the 1266x stock spider coil:shocked:it was not cheap,but never seen a mint 1265x,except the mint 1266x that i also have.this are very,very,rare to find:drool:this will follow me in a u-haul trailer when i pass.::laugh:

Hummm, I also just bought a near mint 1265x with the 8" concentric coil. Should be here in a week hopefully. I always thought the 1265x was a little lesser of a machine than the 1266x, I hope mine is as hot a machine as yours is.:)

I always heard the audio on the 1265 had more modulation than the 1266 making it better to tell the difference between deep and shallow signals. Is this true? I always wanted to try one of the 1200 machines. Also do they still repair these at First Texas?