Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1266 Coil Question

Happy_Hour

Know where a new with cover 5x10 coil is for sale...What would be a fair asking price.

The last one that I saw was over $100.00. Not a common coil and a little harder to find

Check with Keith Wills at East Texas Metal Detectors in Gilmer.
But new is not a necessity--just needs to work.

Anyone having used the 1200 series stock 8" vs. The 5x10 coil... What are the likes/dislikes between the two coils....thanks in advance. joe

I bought a "new" old one off eeBay this past April for $67.

To verify: search "Sold Listings" for "Fisher Metal Detector 5x10 Coil For 1266"

Joseph in Alabama said:
Anyone having used the 1200 series stock 8" vs. The 5x10 coil... What are the likes/dislikes between the two coils....thanks in advance. joe

I have both, here are my observations:

1) It's easier to pinpoint (using the button) with the stock 8in. I have trouble pinpointing with the 5x10.
2) The stock 8in appears to go deeper than the 5x10.
3) The 5x10 is heavier.
4) The stock 8in can find a dime on edge, the 5x10 has trouble.
5) Obvious the 5x10 can cover more ground in a single sweep.

I need to practice more!