Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1266X sensitivity question

cadman_us

I was messing with my new to me 1266X, when I turn my sensitivity up or down, can't really tell any difference in background noise or depth. That is knob out clockwise to knob in max counter clockwise.

My question is how drastic a change in sensitivity is there from the lower end to the high end? Does this sound normal?

Thanks,

Joe

Hey Joe I have owned several 1266's over the years and as far as I know all of them started singing before the knob reached max...On my 66 that I have now with senstive knob out at about 4 oclock it starts to sing with its snap/pop sounds...and with the sens knob pushed in at around 3 oclock it really starts to act up...HH joe

I'm not sure but my 1265X you pull the SEN knob out for the High SEN range and on the 1266 the knob is in the normal position and not pull out for the high range. I think thats correct

shooter said:
I'm not sure but my 1265X you pull the SEN knob out for the High SEN range and on the 1266 the knob is in the normal position and not pull out for the high range. I think thats correct

The sensitivity knob on the 1266 is pushed in for MAX. (I believe that is reversed from the 1265)

Hi Shooter!
It kind-a seemed you hadn't been posting much lately (maybe its just where I've been hanging out) but whatever I'm glad to see you on here.

Mark

Thanks Mark, Just wantede him to know that the knob positions were different swo he didn't get high and low mixed up.

Just picking my posts, if you know what I mean...