Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1266x toggle switch

ken ward

I just picked up a used 1266x for $200.00 . It cleaned up good. The only trouble with it is the toggle switch on the bottom is broke. I called fisher to see how much they would charge to fix it. They have the switch, but would not give me a price. Either way I want it fixed. I had a 66x when they first came out with it. I used that thing for ever until it got stolen. Now I have another. Any sujestions on the switch repare.. If I have fisher to fix it, I want them to also give it a good tune up... KEN from Ind.

Keith Willis at brokendetector dot com has the toggles, and he could fix it for you, but he would also sell you the toggle.
Getting inside the 1266 isn't a big deal, just remove the two screws beside the coil connector and that lest the whole insides slide out the front.
The wires to the toggle, speaker, and charger port are just long enough to give you enough room to reach in and unhook them.

Mark

Thanks Mark. I am familiar. with the screws. Back when they first came out with the 66, I got a new one. One day while I was out and far away from my car, I got cought in a good down pore of rain. I got home right away and called fisher right away. They told me how to open it and dry it out. I will have to contact Keith about the detector.. Thanks... KEN

Keith can certainly fix you up on the switch.

If you want to try to fix it yourself, it's easier to take the nut off the bottom of the switch and lift the whole thing out of the case to work on it. I think it has three wires and maybe a resistor connected to it. You'll probably have to remove the charger socket as well, and take the whole wire harness out.

If you transfer the wires from the old to the new, one at a time you won't get them mixed up. Also you will note that the switch has a flat spot on the shaft and a little washer with an index tab on it...be sure to orient the new one the same direction or it won't fit back in the hole properly.

Good luck...JR

Thanks all you guys for the help. I will wait till I get back from the Philippines that contact Keith. KEN

I just ordered a 1265X housing from him... waiting for its arrival!

Just and FYI... I got my housing and replacement switch hardware from Keith @ brokendetector.com. It fits perfectly.

Thanks Keith!

Can't be 100% sure but a White's toggle switch should work http://www.whiteselectronics.com/pinpoint-toggle-switch-gmt-classics-older-models

I had a 1266x years ago and my memory sucks but I believe the tejon switch is the same?