Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1270 depth questions

Steve in PA

I was just reading the thread further down about how to adjust the 1270 for maximum depth. I have experimented on a couple of hunted out sites running my machine in the Iron Disc mode (set at 6.5) as the primary mode. I feel that I get a better response on deeper targets (or small shallow targets) than when running in Normal Disc at 4.5. I hope to try this on a CW site soon that has some pretty deep bullets.

I have not experimented as much as some of you so any tips would be appreciated. I have some colonial and CW sites that I think still hold some deep keepers am willing to try any 1270 strategies you guy think will work.

Thanks & HH - Steve

were abandoned early with no later day trash I would hit em in all metal. :)'Iron was important back in the early days and not just thrown out.

Tom

Tom,

Well, I may have to deal with some hot rocks and nails but it could be worth it. Would the all metal be better than the Iron Disc set low (4-5 or lower)?

Certainly you will hear a fair amount of iron but you may be surprised what a setting of 4 does to cause a lot of iron to disappear or breakup making those pops and clicks. Quite a few nails will give the tell-tale double beep so you can even ignore some of them. Try it and see if it works as good or better than all metal at the site.

Tom