Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1270 - whats the difference between Normal Discrimination and Iron Discrimination Modes?

I may make an offer to purchase a 1270 so I hope someone out there can help me understand the difference between these two motion modes

Apparently it's a more refined iron discrimination. Choosing just how much iron to disc if I understand correctly.

Iron disc is a form of a fine discrimination adjustment in the all metal mode, it allows a VERY wide range of adjustment in the lower iron. The Iron discrimination in the disc mode covers a wide range in a very small area of the control.
So, in the iron disc you can dial out smaller nails or fence stables or other smaller iron targets but still leave other iron targets.
Think about the range of motion for the Iron disc control is all for just Iron!
Then think about the Iron Range in the regular disc mode, its a little section of it!

Mark

The normal disc is just like any other disc on a detector at 0 you will just about get everything metal and as you turn it up it starts to disc out items small iron, foil, nickels, tabs and bottle caps.

Now on the normal disc the iron settings only goes up to like 1 or 2 before going into foil.
Now the Iron disc is the same the iron disc on the normal disc except it is expanded to the a full range from 0 to 10. So if you were running in iron disc you have a lot more control over what iron you want to disc out. Like if you were hunting around an old house seat and a certain type of nail keeps coming up you could disc out that item and still get some of the iron that was larger than that nail.

A lot of people will run in iron disc at max and dig everything that gives a signal which should be either big iron or no-ferrous metal.

Hope that helps,

Ron in WV

Hows that we all must have been typing at the same time.

Ron in WV

Many thanks to you all for explaining so clearly.
I think the Iron Discrimination is a terrific tool to have. My thinking is to run in All Metal and have the Iron Discrimination (to knock out just very small iron) on when the trigger is pushed forward, that sounds good to me.

Hi,
I

Well I missed out on the 1270 in February this year but I have now managed to located one and its winging its way to me. I'm looking forward to getting to know it.