Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

empty_pockets

Why is this detector treated like a red headed step child...They sell far less then a cz and head to head, the 70 is deeper...Is it because it is not a turn on and go detector like the CZ and it is not a lazy persons detector, it has to be manually ground balanced and a single tone detector...1236x2 and the 1270, deadly combo...

Many people like the settings of the CZ's and the nickel/ring separation abilities.

Different people like different machines...

I would guess it is the lack of a ID meter, and it is a little heavy. I am on my second 1270 sold the first one and both machines seem to me to work just fine. I also had a CZ-5 and liked that machine but I sold it as well.

Maybe in 8 or 10 years it will be like the 1266x, worth more than new.

Ron in WV

I have a 1270 that has a loose speaker. How do you open the case so as to get to the speaker?

If it is not hurting anything I would suggest to not take it apart. I never took mine apart so I don't know how it comes apart. The only guy I know that has been inside a 1270 is forum member shooter, look him up and send him a PM.

Ron in WV

Cz's are not turn on and go metal detectors,they have a manual ground balance and are waayyy more versatile machines and very deep.

E.V. said:
I have a 1270 that has a loose speaker. How do you open the case so as to get to the speaker?

Hi,
that is very easy.
There are 2 Phillips screws directly on either side of the handle grip where it is attatched to the control box.
Then you must unsrew the socket where the coil lead plugs into and push it into the case as you pry the 2 halves apart.
Takes about as long as it took to write this.
Anybody with any amount of skill can perform this task.
HH
skookum