Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1280X Aquanaut

Seems like the list of 1280X users is not very long, as compared to a lot of other water machines. The people who will discuss them seem to be fewer and farther between...but when I do find someone who uses their 1280, they seem to really enjoy it.

I used mine several times last year and finally got used to digging targets that I couldnt see...that took some time. I plan to get a new set of chest waders at tax time, and possibly a new water digger shovel. I hunt mostly streams, creeks and the local river...and it's usually rocky gravel. Any 1280X guys out there who can recommend a good shovel for this type of hunting?

Also any recommended settings are appreciated.

Thanks

LittleJohn

Don't know about the shovel. I have used a 1280X for many years, it was my only detector for a long time. Used it in water and on land. Settings are usually 3 for discrim, 4-6 for sensitiv, 4-8 volume. Lower discrim produces more targets to dig, but more iron and other trash. 1280X doesn't seem to be very sensitive to the small gold items, maybe lower discrim would help with that. Last 6 water hunts, approx. 12 hours, 2 indians, 1 v nickel, 3 buffs, 1918 merc, no date SLQ, 1 sm gold ring, 1 old pocket watch, several local tokens from early 1900s, several wheats, junk rings, lots of trash. GLHH

My 1280-x is a real tank. I love it. But I am finally gonna pull the trigger and get a CZ-21 to add to my arsenal. Not gonna get rid of my 1280 ... It is too cool. HH :)

I FIGURED OUT A BIT MORE DEPTH ON THE 1280 WITH NOTHING MORE THEN A POT ADJUSTMENT.

Only make that attempt if you've done it before and it's a unit without warranty.

Hi my name is Pat and my first Detector was The 1280X ,I love the machine...Never fails me was easy to learn the sounds First gold ring with that machine..Cash in value was 1400.00 ..And that detector is always in my car !

Hi Pat, my name is Larbear and I love the 1280X too ! I bought it brand new in the mid '80s, and for a lot of years it was my only detector. So I used it on land and in the water. Found a lot of nice stuff over the years. Never breaks down, goes a long time on a set of batteries. I have other detectors in my arsenal now, but I still use the 1280X in the water or in the rain.

Oh yes Larbear use mine in the rain to.i will never get rid of it .Found all kinds of rings on land and sea.It took me at least one month to really learn the sounds and settings for me.But i agree batteries last and last long.Just took her out after that big first storm we had here in Mass to town neck beach,that was a warm day .I hit the beach after work must have been 9am..Oh yea my first indian head penny 1864 and a mercury dime great day ...ha ran into 2 guys with minelabs...But I really think I found the good stuff....I think that machine will find 8 inches down.....

Congrats on the nice finds ! Sounds like you and your gal are bonding very nicely. Many fun adventures ahead for you I'm sure. I haven't used my 1280X for a little while. But in late 2014, my "buddy" helped me rescue a 1896 Indian head penny from a lake and a 14K gold ring with 3 diamonds from a river. Still treating me good after all those years ! Good luck and happy hunting !

Which pot? I have had a 1280x for at least 10 years. Have sent it in and had it updated tuned up but could not tell any difference in the depth. Not my Detector Pro I tuned it and it helped it a bunch.
Just don't have the schematic for the 1280x even though both are 2.4 kHz and very similar circuit the 1280 has a number of more circuits. Let me know which pot and I will tinker with it

Thanks
Buddy_TX

Really hate it when people make posts about adjustments then never reply back when asked about them.