Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

12x10 SEF arruves Wen. look for advice

nalc472

looking for advice for settings and pinpointing ideas? RX gain settings for low mineralization, Disc level, all metal setting? Where pinpoint center is?

I cant tell you much about what settings to use, here in AZ the ground is pretty monetized. I can tell you get it on the detector because you will love it.

My off the cuff advice is to bury a quarter at 8 inches at home and test settings on the new coil for strong response. I'm still getting used to my 10x12, and I do feel that the settings are gonna be off from what you had with the D2. Make it rock on a burued 8" quarter and go have fun. It'll all work out.

The first thing you do is make sure the coil is good. I just had a forum member send me one to check for him (for free) and the coil was produced out of null. He tried to fix it be reattaching the plug end but the coil itself is the problem and thats all encased in epoxy. It is limited to a gain of 4-5 in 7.5 only, anything else becomes unstable.

Take your coil to an area of little to no EMI and turn the gain up while holding the coil waist high in the air. If it starts to act erratic with a gain of above 8-10, disc 84-88, in a location your other coils remain stable....Send it back and ask for another. It took me 4 tries and 6 months to get a good one.

My coil will be one of the newer white V rated. Will that make a difference in its quality? Was the main problem with the black coils?

No it won't make a difference. It took me two coils to get a good one. Burlbark has told you how to test for a good one. The black one never claimed to be v nulled.