Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

12x10 spoked concentric or 10.5 donut for the uMax machines...which is better?

I know that the 10.5 donut is no longer in production, but of the two which do you prefer and why?

Is there no one who can offer some insight here?

I had a 10.5" round coil which I used on my Tiger Shark when I had it, and it went very deep. I nw have a 10 x 12 which I have used mainly with my Eldorado (Umax type), and it goes very deep...both were only used a salt water beaches, mainly where sand is dry (on top). But I have never used both coils on the same machine and no longer have the 10.5 round. Sorry I cant be more helpful or specific..it's at least 12 years since I had my Tiger Shark.

depends on what you want it for?

I have used the 10 x 12 good for non junky areas where there could be some deeper coins in the dirt, not used the 10.5 donut, seems go for the one they still make :biggrin:

AJ

Have been looking for a 10'' Concentric coil for a long time over here in the UK,they are a very hard coil to find as most folks tend to keep them,when they do come up for sale they can command a massive premium.Never used the other coil that you mentioned,but the 10'' one is very deep.