Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

12x15 SEF Coil

I used mine tonight. It may have a bit more coverage than the stock 11" DD coil but not depth. At least in iron layden spots. I've got a 15" ultimate coil in the mail. I'll give it a try & compare. I'm guessing neither are good in iron lol.

I have the 15" Ultimate and it's a bear to swing all day. Was hoping the 12×15 would be close and a little lighter.

soky72 said:
I have the 15" Ultimate and it's a bear to swing all day. Was hoping the 12×15 would be close and a little lighter.
How's the depth on the 15" ultimate? I have a harness & bungee cord to help with weight. The 15"/12" doesn't weigh much more than the stock DD coil. It's open & it was getting stuck in the hay stubble last night. I did dig a 14" in the ground bullet with it though. Add 1.5' of air to that & that's deep.

Have you had a chance to test the coils head to head? Still interested in the 12x15 for my open field spots.

soky72 said:

Get yourself the proper gear for it = Minelab Pro-Swing 45. See video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYLhEtoYiuo&t=4s

I've got a harness but it's still a bear. I read where another guy on this forum had that setup with the pro-swing and still sold the 15" Ultimate coil because of the weight.

soky72 said:
I've got a harness but it's still a bear. I read where another guy on this forum had that setup with the pro-swing and still sold the 15" Ultimate coil because of the weight.

I dont understand. I use the Pro-Swing 45. It takes all the weight from the arm and shoulder and transfers it to the waist. I think you guys are just using the bungee onto a D buckle on the shoulder. Look at this video of the Pro-Swing 45. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYLhEtoYiuo

When using big coils on a Pulse machine in my case a 20'' mono on the TDI Pro,i cannot swing it without using a harness,but the magic ingredient that makes it so that i can swing it all day long is by using a 'Hipstick' as well as the full harnes.

Hipstick video when using a heavy detecting rig.

That was probably me.......but I hunt for very long periods of time.....10 hours of gold prospecting in a day can be quite taxing.
I do run the Pro-Swing but for me some of the problem was the lateral force of the Spiral 15" coil. It does build up a bit of inertia when swinging and some force is needed to stop the swing when changing directions. I didn't have a problem when hunting for short periods of time. My 12.5 DD Closed coil matches the performance of the 15" as the 12.5 can be set hotter, especailly in mineralised ground. I have been informed by my dealer that this is due to the different style of coil windings (Spiral v Flat). I also needed the reduction in weight that the 12.5 gave me so that it is easier to sweep the coil up and down creek walls. So for shorter hunts and maybe across flatter terrain then the Spiral is probably perfect.

Tony

I have both. The 15" ultimate coil is deeper & has better discrimination. Some people love the sef coil. I don't particularly care for it. I might give it another try someday. I don't like that it gets stuck in everything & I dig good sounding targets that turn out to be nails.

Mega said:
When using big coils on a Pulse machine in my case a 20'' mono on the TDI Pro,i cannot swing it without using a harness,but the magic ingredient that makes it so that i can swing it all day long is by using a 'Hip-stick' as well as the full harnes.

I am not sure when you ordered your hip-stick but shortly after getting my GPX I ordered one on line and waited and waited and waited contacted the seller or tried to many times no response ended up disputing through pay pal to get my money back.

dw0378 said:
When using big coils on a Pulse machine in my case a 20'' mono on the TDI Pro,i cannot swing it without using a harness,but the magic ingredient that makes it so that i can swing it all day long is by using a 'Hip-stick' as well as the full harnes.

I am not sure when you ordered your hip-stick but shortly after getting my GPX I ordered one on line and waited and waited and waited contacted the seller or tried to many times no response ended up disputing through pay pal to get my money back.

I bought a brand new Docs harness from a Ebay seller and it was a private seller not a dealer,the harness was brand new and under half price including postage as well,when the parcel arrived not only was a brand new harness was in the package but also a brand new hipstick my size and also some brand new clips that pUlse ownwer can run the cable straight up the lower shaft.So a tremendous big package for a very low price.