Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

13" coil info

Add to that it weighed like 1 1/2 pounds. I just held it on the pole and said no way!

Glad I was able to see and feel one first, I could swing it if someone gave it to me, LOL!

JMHO,

Thanks

I have not considered the 13" at this point, I am use to swinging an ATP with a 5x8 on it so the Deus 11" is like a monster but getting use to it, I will likely add the 9.5 when it comes out but really see no need for the 13 for where I search.

All the Best
DFB

I had the 13 and used it one time and sold it needed the money to get my son in law a at pro. I dont see any advantage really you only gain 2 in on the length of the coil . Im used to big coils I used the nel coils on my at pro a 13 in and a 15 in so that was not really the issue it is a little heavy but you could use a sling and solve that issue. Will I buy another one probaly not.

I have to say I love the 13" coil, the weight is no real problem...as they say it only feels heavy when your not digging. I am always digging with this coil and it's my coil of choice.
This coil acts very differently compared to some other machines with big coils, I don't have the answers but for some reason it finds really small targets and is in it's element when searching in between Iron.

Here is a video showing the 13" coil and full tone combo working a badly contaminated Roman site it deals with the iron with no problem.

The 13" coil and Full - Tone combo video

thanks Gary... I WILL be using the 13" coil and the sifter program when i go to the UK next year....
(sorry for highjacking your thread)

First off Gary, I'd like to say Thank you for all the awesome information you have worked so hard on and post online! It has been to the best , and most understandable info anywhere out there. My CTX and Deus both are so much easier now to understand and use! I'm a visual learner so the videos are wonderful.
In this video what program were you using? I normally use your "COLD" program when I'm over in England and even here in the US., Has worked very good for me!
Thanks again
Jeff Truitt
Hickory NC

Thank you Gary... Understanding Full Tones is very important and hearing them is very useful.

As to the 13" coil...
I've owned one in the past and found that there was not that much difference in depth.
Coverage was better, but I don't hunt soccer fields so not much use for the coverage.
The weight was a bit more, but it didn't make it unusable or uncomfortable.
All in all I sold it for lack of use.

I was using the Sifter program, which is a powerd down version of the HOT

Hot
Load up the Deus fast program....Change
Discrimination.....between 0 and 5, if you have problems identifying differences between low tones use disc 5 and dig every repeatable tone
Tones....Full tones
Iron Vol.....0
Audio response....3-4
Here we have some big changes, at first don't be afraid to use a discrimination of 3 - 5 until you get used to the audio feedback.
*Discrimination notes : Disc 0 will accept all the ground noise as a baseline, this is good if you want to hear ground changes. Disc 1 will eliminate ground noise and only accept Iron as a baseline.

Sifter
Load up the HOT program and change :
Discrimination : 0
Sensitivity : 86
Audio Response : 4
TX Gain : 1
Ground Manual : 88

Wonderful Gary ! Thank you very much! By the way, what is your "go to" or main use program there in the UK for hunting plowed fields? I come over ever 6 months or so,, I'm like a little kid at Chrimbo!! Love it!

The 2 above are my most used.

More information, the way i see it is, the more low tones you can hear, the easier it is to pick out the lifted sounds.
I can appreciate some people like a quieter life.

Yes Sir, I understand,, I like both! Most the time after several hours or days of non stop hunting, I like to go quite! I used your "Sprite" program yesterday it's nice and quite , I do think "Cold" is still my favorite and I have found more with it than any others.
Thank you
Jeff

Gary-B said:
*Discrimination notes : Disc 0 will accept all the ground noise as a baseline, this is good if you want to hear ground changes. Disc 1 will eliminate ground noise and only accept Iron as a baseline.

Here is what I notice,,,when running full tones,,0 disc,,reactivity 3 and 4 are very quiet when there are no targets,,ferrous and nonferrous

Now drop to reactivity 2, or 1 , or 0 --- I get ground noise with full tones. 0 disc,,and I also get it with level 1 disc,,and level 2 disc--- disc level 3 seems to run quiet ground noise wise.
Btw running a dead on o slightly positive GB-- running both ways ground balance wise,, acts like I stated above.

I am not complaining,,or even asking a question-- just sharing my experiences.

Thats cool, the Deus can be set up in so many ways, my suggestions are just a base platform that works for me.
It's good to see you are experimenting.

squirrel1 said:
Gary-B said:

Here is what I notice,,,when running full tones,,0 disc,,reactivity 3 and 4 are very quiet when there are no targets,,ferrous and nonferrous

Now drop to reactivity 2, or 1 , or 0 --- I get ground noise with full tones. 0 disc,,and I also get it with level 1 disc,,and level 2 disc--- disc level 3 seems to run quiet ground noise wise.
Btw running a dead on o slightly positive GB-- running both ways ground balance wise,, acts like I stated above.

I am not complaining,,or even asking a question-- just sharing my experiences.
Thanks for posting that I wondered why I kept getting so much ground noise when I switched from trash program to deep program basically the same program except for the reactivity being changed from 3 to 1 and the noise starts. Does this happen if you switch from full tones to say 5 tones? Or is it in full tones only or does it do it when you drop reactivity in any tones?Ive used full tones since ever since I got my deus so no expereince with the others.

Hi Gary, one more thing please, I do know most machine the discrimination on most we set at "30" , everything above that being somewhat "good" and below iron/junk. Why on the Deus we only use the discrimination number 10 and below,??
Am I missing something here? Why not set at 30 discrimination like all other machines?
Hope this isn't a stupid question, but have thought about it for a long time and had no one with the true knowledge to ask!
Thank you sir
Jeff

I have my disc set at 1, but my notch is set at 40. I still get some ground noise with reactivity set at 0 or 1 and silencer at -1, 0 or 1. Any thoughts on my notching?