Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

13" Ultimate coil for the Delta? & my first Merc!

Old Pirate

Hey everyone! Well I just ordered a 13" ultimate coil for my Delta because that outfit down in FLA finally got them in. Does anyone have any experience with this coil? I bought it because I have the 5x10 and my direction is to get a G2 in the Spring, so both will work with the G2. Sometimes I hit big stretches of what I'd guess you'd call "Dry Ground", where signals are far and few between. So I thought that the ultimate would help out.

In other news, for your edification and enjoyment, I got my first Merc on Monday. At the rate I was going this past summer I thought I wouldn't get any silver coinage this year. Found it 2" down in rocky stiff clay 10' from a volley ball court that's been there since the 30's. Iffy signal jumping from a mixed pull tab/beaver tail to a mixed but strong dime (83 to 85), but the pull tab overtook the PP. Sense 8, Disc wide open, 8" concentric, fyi. I pulled the beaver tail/ring out first, checked the hole with the GPP, and zip, fixed the hole,... re-read it with the Delta and had a SOLID 84/85 right next to the hole I fixed. Less that 3" between the two actual targets. (I dig real small holes.) When I saw the rim of silver along the side of the plug, I kept saying to myself, merc, rosie, merc, rosie. No Nitro here, but Zantac will do. Of course only 244,000,000 were produced that year. (Philly) Beginners luck I guess.

HH you guys. I'm always reading and enjoying your finds and inputs!

Nice find. Is that your first merc ever or first this year?

First one ever. Only 1-1964 Rosie last year.