Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

14 Inch EXcelerator Searchcoil

stumpr

I hope I am not plowing old ground but I have heard some great reviews concerning the 14" EXcelerator coil for the MXT. I am a relic hunter who loves hut digging so I am looking for that coil that goes DEEP! Is there anyone out there relic hunting with this coil? Is the hype all worth it?

From my experience, I got better depth with the stock coil on my MXT over the 14" Excellerator. I did get better coverage due to 14" size, but if you want depth go with the 1400 deep scan for mineralized ground or the 12" Hot Shot if your soil is not very mineralized. Hope this helps.

On that subject I hear the 18" and 12" are very good coils. But not the 14" for some reason. I have the 8" and 5" and are both very good coils. HH

I've got one and love it. Depth? Up to my shoulder on Iron deep. A little heavy on the nose and in that regards does not compare well to the Hotshot. DD's are great in trash and PP well. I like the coverage I get with A DD, always have. Was around a guy that had an 18" monster after market and he was craving his EXcelerator. I am content with the 14"DD's performance. It is well made and can take a workout without falling apart. Immunity to mineralization is just another plus.
For relics of iron or steel of size or length try a differental magnetometer.I can target my well casing at 20' (feet) horizontal at ground level. If you are looking for iron of size, nothing beats a mag! The bigger, the better. Lousy on chains, so use a VLF or pulse.

The 14'dd has one drawback: The pretty sticker comes off. Sometimes I curse the depth I find myself at and I use a hotfoot for a hand probe along with different modes. Hotfoot is a powerful little bugger: nickles at 5". To be honest, I cannot speak on the stock coil too much as these two coils are my fav's., well I did do some air tests and 14" beats out the stock for the same settings. Ask Gene who has one sitting in the corner if he will sell his- worth a try!
I still want to get a Hotshot myself someday.

That's good news Cannon Ball........I heard one report where the guy wasn't please with the performance of his 14" EXcellerator coil on the MXT

A friend has one and thats all he uses--I own the 18 inch and really liked the DEPTH but the Wt. bothered my arm--It helped when I reversed how the coil mounted (Writing is reversed) and moved the loop to the shortest position---But I am going to put it up for SALE because I have Tennis Elbow and it does bother that---I do feel Both are very good and I also think the 18 In. Loop goes to D#@ Deep

Got the E-named coils mixed up, and this is the honest truth. I have a 8x14"DD made by Whites, and it is an Eclipse, Not EXcelerator. Did not intend to misrepresent anyone in my statements and apologise to those who I mislead. I cannot comment on the EXcelerator, and at this point am not sure who makes it. I saw 14" and a name that started with an E, and thought it was the same coil I have. Oops.

Sorry
Cannonball