Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

'14k Italy' Chain today! :rant:

mudpuppy

Up and gone before the dawn, hit a chip totter, got 10 pennies, went and checked the Big Lake, way too rough and foggy, good thing is the water temp is 51 and the air was 52, so things are warming up..:sadwalk:

Hit a pea gravel totter on the way to the Coinstar...hot rocks and hard to hunt, got a dime a N and another 10 pennies...hit this signal out in front of the swings, everything comes out of gravel totters covered in a white powder, it sounded and felt right though, smooth and somewhat heavy...got back into Rosie and used the binoculars backwards like a jewelers loupe and saw "14k Italy"..[attachment 314490 jun8-15.jpg]....my heart sort of sunk, since we all know theres many fakes stamped such...

Got home at 8am and cleaned it up, poured on a big drop of 10k acid, no response, good! Then put a big drop of 14k acid on it and all holy hell erupted![attachment 314489 jun8-15-1.jpg] In a flash, my hopes were dashed!:rant: I scorched it so bad with that dollop of acid I cant even sell it at the garage sale or even give it to a relative as a gift!:rant::rofl:

To add insult, while I was gone, somebody dumped off a 6yd load of woodchips in my yard! [attachment 314491 jun8-15mul.jpg] You young guys thinking about getting married someday, take heed here. Before you get serious with a girl, ask her if she likes a nice yard...If she says yes.... RUN!:lmfao: Oh well, I got $22 bucks at the coinstar for some dirty clad, so I'm set for the day with smokes and beer..and its Bingo night, so me and the dog will be left here unattended! and Antiques Roadshow comes on at 8!..yippee!. .:thumbup:

Still goldless for the year though, its only a matter of time, I doubt theres any gold in this heap of mulch, I bet it cost me plenty though, ..looks and smells like cedar, I bet its of equal value to an 8gr 14k ring!
I dont even want to know! ....:sadwalk: Damn these fakes and yardwork! Who the hell buys a truckload of bark and fake gold jewelry besides Americans?:shrug:

Ya, see? This is why I pick up cans, at least I get a solid clad dime for each of them with no heartbreak or disappointments....unless theres yellowjackets in them, which is common..
Mud

Mud I got one of those fake 14K Italian necklaces. The kids don't want the thing. Sorry you got one too. The Universe will even the score. The next gold will be real 18K for you. I think the chips came from relatives of all the gophers you trapped? Maybe?
I know you are just cantankerous enough to go out again and start all over looking for a pile of coins and jewelry. I am sure you will find them too. Happy Trails.....Z

That 70 is such a magic wand just meebe you can figure out how to use it to put all that mulch in the flower beds.LOL As we say: "never mind the mule, load the wagon".

oh bummer Mud it was looking good :ranting: next time !!

just out of curiosity how much does a packet of smokes cost? I really don't want to know but that little voice in my head does, they cost a fortune here :ranting: so much so I will die from no money before they get me !!

AJ

Yeah, thanks a pantload for the sympathy for poor ol' Mud fellers...I noticed none of you volunteered to come help me scatter this bark!...understandable..I would not help you either! :buds: Maybe if I wait long enough, it will all blow away? Better yet, while the Missus is at Bingo tonight, waiting on B-23 to win a coupon for a free chin waxing, I could flip a lit cigarette butt into the pile and whoosh! Now thats a fire!:lmfao: I'll blame it on spontaneous combustion or the dog!:clapping:

AJ, regarding US made ready rolls, the super cheap nonfiltered, cost me nearly $6 US FRN's!...I do have a cousin who grows tobacco down in Kentucky I guess I could call and go buy a bale from to get me through the year. He used to grow apples up here in Michigan, but theres no money in apples anymore, plus the weather sucks....

Z, I'm sure the gophers will have the last laugh someday on poor 'ol Mud once they nibble their way into my cardboard sarcophagus..I suppose I would welcome the company, but do they really have to crap on my head? Good Lord! its like having the Inlaws show up! And me all dressed to the nines in a tophat!

Doc, Ashes to ashes, Mulch to mulch!...A guy sure could use a bit of big gold in between though, a good fresh pack of tobacco, a warm and willing woman, waterproof waders, and maybe even a bit of whiskey every now and then.....so far this year, I got tobacco...and beer of course...need some gold...spreading out all this bark will get me nothing in the 'welcome warm winsome wench' department...She figures its mandatory...like taking out the trash, cleaning the gutters, walking the dog, or putting down the toilet seat.! Hows a guy supposed to find time to hunt in this kind of weather!:rofl:
Mud

yeah I will come help you spread it out plane fare both ways and a packet of smokes :lmfao:

is that a pack of 20 ? yeah bit dearer here but not a whole heap more if that's 6 $ for 20.

I don't drink so I can smoke more is that how it works ??

wow I would be getting a bale off him for sure :clapping:

is it illegal to grow it in the back yard it is here gov is more addicted to the huge 80 odd % tax on them than I am bet I can quit before they do :unsure:

not sure how gold turned into tobacco but these things happen don't they !!

have fun spreading sure it won't take to long :biggrin:

AJ

A lot of gold chains are made in Italy, don't give it away yet Mud. Let somebody check it for you.---Wade

That "stamp" looks to me to be more like an engraving than a stamp..not sure if that means anything though.

n/t

mudpuppy said:
Up and gone before the dawn, hit a chip totter, got 10 pennies, went and checked the Big Lake, way too rough and foggy, good thing is the water temp is 51 and the air was 52, so things are warming up..:sadwalk:

Hit a pea gravel totter on the way to the Coinstar...hot rocks and hard to hunt, got a dime a N and another 10 pennies...hit this signal out in front of the swings, everything comes out of gravel totters covered in a white powder, it sounded and felt right though, smooth and somewhat heavy...got back into Rosie and used the binoculars backwards like a jewelers loupe and saw "14k Italy"..[attachment 314490 jun8-15.jpg]....my heart sort of sunk, since we all know theres many fakes stamped such...

Got home at 8am and cleaned it up, poured on a big drop of 10k acid, no response, good! Then put a big drop of 14k acid on it and all holy hell erupted![attachment 314489 jun8-15-1.jpg] In a flash, my hopes were dashed!:rant: I scorched it so bad with that dollop of acid I cant even sell it at the garage sale or even give it to a relative as a gift!:rant::rofl:

To add insult, while I was gone, somebody dumped off a 6yd load of woodchips in my yard! [attachment 314491 jun8-15mul.jpg] You young guys thinking about getting married someday, take heed here. Before you get serious with a girl, ask her if she likes a nice yard...If she says yes.... RUN!:lmfao: Oh well, I got $22 bucks at the coinstar for some dirty clad, so I'm set for the day with smokes and beer..and its Bingo night, so me and the dog will be left here unattended! and Antiques Roadshow comes on at 8!..yippee!. .:thumbup:

Still goldless for the year though, its only a matter of time, I doubt theres any gold in this heap of mulch, I bet it cost me plenty though, ..looks and smells like cedar, I bet its of equal value to an 8gr 14k ring!
I dont even want to know! ....:sadwalk: Damn these fakes and yardwork! Who the hell buys a truckload of bark and fake gold jewelry besides Americans?:shrug:

Ya, see? This is why I pick up cans, at least I get a solid clad dime for each of them with no heartbreak or disappointments....unless theres yellowjackets in them, which is common..
Mud
That's why my Wife is a X, Tooooooooooooo Many Honey Do's! Now that my Son is on his own it's my time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!