Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15" attack coil on F 75 ltd 2

I tried the 15 "attack coil with all settings including boost with sensitively way up and down. It doesn't even match the 11 DD
standard coil. Was really disappointed. should I return it? Was looking for bigger coil for beach dry sand.

I use the attack coil on my G2 & F19. Its my go to relic set up. I've had good success with that combo for civil war relics. Maybe you got a bad one. My digging buddy got one & it was bad. He sent it back & they sent him a new one. We tested his coil on my machines & it ground balanced at very low numbers compared to my coil. So it was a apples to apples test. He just got a attack coil for his F75 & is pleased with it. It might be a bad coil buddy. HH TIM

You might have got a bad coil. Or you might be expecting way too much from a larger coil.

A lot of people don't realize that DD coils and concentric coils do not work the same when it comes to gaining overall depth by going to a larger coil. You have to remember that the center part of the coil is the hot spot of a DD coil...it sends the signal down into the ground in a narrow strip vs a concentric coil that sends the signal down in a cone shape. Increasing the size of the coil will make a big difference with concentric coils but not so much with DD coils. All you will really see the biggest difference in, is increase the overall ground coverage when you move to a larger DD coil.

I have done a lot of testing and such with different coils, from different makes/models/sizes. My personal findings are...you are looking at, ON AVERAGE, a 2 to 2.5 inch "depth" increase from the stock coil by going to one of the larger coils...be it a 12x13 size, 13x15 size, or whatever else. Some will of course, claim they get more than that. Some will say about the same. Its just like gas mileage on a car. Some will always claim they get more than what everyone else seems to be getting, despite having the same make model, etc. FWIW, on the F75 machine, my favorite coil was the 12x13 Tornado when it came to overall depth and ground coverage. I tried the larger sizes and didn't see any gain/benefit from the 12x13 size.

I mostly civil war relic hunt. 2" - 2.5" is the difference between putting relics in your pouch & going home empty handed. Just saying any edge you can get in depth is a bonus.

Personally my experience is the same. As what you fellas posted here. Anything more than a 13 in coil. Will not help on coin size target depth now hunting caches? Well then go real big. The fisher and the 15 in nel. Will get you a soup can size target at 3-4ft but. Small stuff buttons reales silver dimes small gold. Huge isn't much good. Believe me I'm a coverage fanatic but. Also a realists. Hope the ultimate brings you luck sandiggerson it will surely add some depth and nice coverage. HH c t

I have dug buck balls from the buck & .69" round ball loads they used in the civil war with a 15" NEL coil. I did dig the smallest stuff with that big coil until I educated myself on the size of the target. I mean small stuff. Now I do put the smaller coils on in machine gun iron spots. These are my experiences with a big coil. HH

If depth is all your after, a pulse machine is the way to go. The only times you'll not see me using one are when I'm hunting in the urban areas where EMI will shut it down or in site specific conditions where I may be in thick iron trying to coax out a keeper. Even the deepest of VLFs will be surpassed by pulse machines by about 6 to 8 inches on minie balls and buttons, even if the VLF has a larger coil. And even greater depth for larger brass and copper.