Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15" coil

Scottowl

Has anyone used the 15" Blue Max coil?
I've been thinking of getting one to use on my XL Pro.

Better have GIANT arms to swing it for more than a couple of minutes. Once you get it going in one direction it's tough to get it stopped to swing it the other way. :surprised:

Unless your looking for a buried treasure chest, I would steer clear of the 15" coil. I think if you are wanting a "big" coil you would be better suited with a SEF 12 x 10 or 13" Ultimate coil.

I saw a video of one being used on an IDX Pro and doing a depth test with it. He dug a 22" deep hole and placed a small jar of coins at the bottom and covered it up, the IDX Pro gave a good signal and zinc reading. I was impressed... it would be a great cache finder for sure! Just not the average coil you would use at a park or somebodies manicured yard, it's deep. Great at finding hubcaps at 2 feet and 56 Chevys buried 6 feet deep....lol

Yikes!
I was thinking ground coverage for the XL Pro.
Im not that curious about what lies beneath the Earths crust!

BigFoot is the answer. 18" coverage, 4" width for separation and only about 4" - 5" depth for easy digging. The 6.59 kHz model can be found for about $200 - $250.

Sorry guess you stated XL Pro. I would just use the 950 coil. On your MXT you could use the larger SEF coils.

I have a 14"DD Eclipse cheap, but I'm not sure if it will work on your machine. It came in a bundle on a used machine and is in near new condition, hardly a scratch on it. I put it on my machine to test it and it worked fine (on an MXT).

That boat anchor of a coil 14" DD won't work on the XL Pro. It will work on the MXT, M6, MX5, and DFX.

Tom Slick said:
That boat anchor of a coil 14" DD won't work on the XL Pro. It will work on the MXT, M6, MX5, and DFX.

Thanks for that information as I had no idea what other machines it would work on!!