Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15 Diamonds....:detecting:

ken ward

Hit a big Tot Lot this morning. I was using my Compadre with the small coil. Hunting In all metal.

I was at it for about 10 minutes. Got some junk than the 10K white gold wedding band.

After a few pennies and more junk. Out popped this .925 silver ring with 15 hard to see diamonds.

Most all the time I hunt in all metal or below. I only hunted for about 2 hours before my back was hurting too bad to keep going. I can always go back and hunt more of the tot lot another time..

You just can not beat the performance of the COMPADRE. What a good and fun detector to use..

Thanks all for looking...

KEN,, Ind.

Thanks for the post!!!
I love my 8" and plan on getting the 5.75 soon too.
When you say below all metal you mean just to the point of turning the unit on, right?

Stoof-tabsallday said:
Thanks for the post!!!
When you say below all metal you mean just to the point of turning the unit on, right?

Yes,, Many times I will hunt just as you turn on the dial. I want to get a feel of what is in the ground. If I am getting a lot of little wire, I will go up to all metal. Many times I will thumb the dial up to get an idea of what is under the coil. I have done that for years. I can tell a copped penny from a clad penny. Try it. After a while you will never need a detector with a screen... Thanks.. KEN

Those horseshoes were not good luck for the original order . I plan on getting a Compadre with the clad I find with my Vaquero . I just dont dig up much clad .

ken ward said:
Stoof-tabsallday said:
Thanks for the post!!!

Yes,, Many times I will hunt just as you turn on the dial. I want to get a feel of what is in the ground. If I am getting a lot of little wire, I will go up to all metal. Many times I will thumb the dial up to get an idea of what is under the coil. I have done that for years. I can tell a copped penny from a clad penny. Try it. After a while you will never need a detector with a screen... Thanks.. KEN

Thank you for the explanation.I am new at it, I have a compadre / 8" coil.

Ken you did good this time . Nice keepers

Great hunt!

ken ward said:
Stoof-tabsallday said:
Thanks for the post!!!

That's what I do, thumb the knob to get an idea and try and guess to learn. Then go back down to where I was to pinpoint "x".
That CC ring is a ladies clothing line. I want to say coach, but not sure.