Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15 inch wot coil is it worthwhile ?

sasquache

Hello everyone i have seen numerous video's with tje Safari and 15 wot coil and i know its used for fields and open areas but does it give you a extra 2 to 3 inches of depth and is the vdi spot on? Or is it all hype? I would love to hear othet Safari users thoughts befor i spend that kind of cash. Thank you Paul

I bought a WOT 15inch awhile ago thinking it would be great for beach detecting where you need to cover a lot of beach real estate in a day. It is a deep detecting coil BUT it is on the heavy side and I ended up going back to the stock 11inch coil. The 11inch coil is much more easier to swing for a period of time without getting too tired or when your shoulder starts really aching/burning telling you it's time to quit. At least this is true for me.
If you have youth on your side and can manage to swing the 15inch without getting shoulder and back ache etc; go for it....at least on a beach or big wide open pastures/fields. I would not use it for parks and local detecting because it will detect all the trash under that big coil footprint and will probably mask out coins or small rings and small jewelry items. In the end, it's a personal preference decision.

Thank you so much Goldstrike for the info I'm still debating i really like the 11 fbs coil but i do think as years go by things are going deeper and our detectors just cant pick them up but who knows i may end up with a pair of cordless headphones lol

I also was kicking around the idea of getting a larger WOT coil. Does anyone know if there is much of a difference between the 15" All terrene and the regular 15' WOT coil?

Ive never used a safari but i use one on my sovereign gt for farm field hunting and in my opinion it's been well worth it... it screams on 10in.deep large cents.. i dont use a meter so can speak to tid... like goldstrike mentioned,it gets real heavy in wet sand as the sand clinging to it makes weigh 3x its actually weight... i only use it places where digging large holes isnt an issue. .. and omg at the beach it can hit those darn zinc pennies deeper than you want to dig...

I use a 13 inch NEL tornado coil. It goes just as deep at the WOT coil but it's lighter for less arm and shoulder problems.