Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15"NEL attack or 15"WOT

ARAWORN

Ok,so I've had my Safari about a month and a half and I love it! 4 silver rings and 1 silver post earring in that time, no gold yet though. So does anyone have any experience with the 15" nel attack or 15" WOT and which is prefered and why?

I have the wot and it almost never comes off of my detector. Some say it's too big for general detecting and it can be frustrating at first but I love it.

Unless you have a lot of practice using a dd coil I wouldn't try one. If you know how to work a dd coil though and go slow and listen for tones it's great.

I run my safari in all metal ferrous saved to conductive so all iron sounds low and keepers give high tone. Saving ferrous to conductive will give you icons also, which I like just to establish what range signals are in, I don't like using and memorizing numerical read outs. If you want deep oldies for my area I just ignore all signals shallower than 6 inches.

Running nearly same settings my buddy on his se pro with stock coil either cannot hear some of the really deep targets I find or they sound/display as iron. The stock pro coil is good, I,m not saying it's bad at all it's just that the wot is much deeper.

If your soil is too mineralized a larger coil is not supposed to increase your depth because it takes in too much ground matrix. Weird thing is the soil here is awful and my wot is uneffected. Just remember to swing very slow.

Only downside is its heavy...I run a harness with mine. Don't need to for couple hour hunt but with harness I can go all day with no fatigue. I have Sunray probe mounted on mine also.

Sorry I haven't tried the nel coil 15 but have used other nel coils before and like them.

Wot,s are spendy new but you can pick up used one for about 120 and they resale we'll.

Hop this helps,

Dave

Thanks for the response. I'm on Long Island, and my intention is to use whichever coil on the beaches here which have a lot of iron. I was wondering if the two coils were about the same performance wise or if one outshines the other.