Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15" x 12" SEF coil

Minelab50

Has anyone used the 15x12 sef coil on the salt at the beach? If so how did it perform?
I'm thinking of buying it or the 15" wot for my XS to use here in N. Fl.

Thanks, Randy

Randy... i like the SEF coils, but... that WOT covers a LOT of ground fast and does just as good a job. Im not sure it aint a bit lighter as well. Except for the ground they cover... personally i think the 10X12 is more sensitive to small targets and is just as deep. There is a loss of sensitivity to small targets when you get a larger coil. Also, the deeper you get the more iron you may run into with reduces sensitivity and the gain you thought you were getting with that coil. On a beach i can squeeze out 14 inches with the 10X12... thats a lot of digging.

Dew

I think the pro may be just a tab more sensitive, but i think the SEF has the edge on TID and is a little better when dealing with iron. I normally hunt with sensitivity at 24 manual but on a beach if i can run it up to 28 or 29 it puts out a larger coil HALO and pickup tiny tiny targets. Anything above 29 manual didnt prove to have a depth advantage for me.

Dew

dewcon

are you saying using a 12x10 sef gives best depth & sensitivity almost equal to the 15 wot
and therefore not needing to use the larger 15x12 sef?????

Randy