Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15 years later...

Jack Beam

Hey all! Been kind of a slow year for any real decent finds, but I like this one! I decided to go to my parents house, a late 1800's home,and try searching spots I may have missed. I've never been right across the road from there house so that was gonna be the plan! First, I had to get the neighbors go ahead. I knocked on the door and he said no problem go anywhere you want! Sounded good to me! We got to talkin and he said that 15 years ago he was havin this party and two guys got into a fight! And as they were rollin around one of them lost his gold wedding band! He gave me the area that they were fighting at and left it up to me if I wanted to try and find it then or some other time. I gave it a shot, and after about 45 minutes to an hour later ( And a bunch of beer tabs and shell casings) I got a solid 18 On my 70! Went all the way around it and no change in ID or sound! I dug a plug and 2 or 3 inches down there it was!! A 14k gold ring! I went and knocked on his door, brought him out and he saw the ring and couldnt believe it! He shook my hand 4 or 5 times and as many thank yous! And it's not even his ring! Well he couldn't wait so he and his wife found a real small box. We put a little dirt in it for some appeal! And off he went to give his friend the surprise! I haven't talked with him since then (about a week) to find out his reaction but I bet he was more than surprised!! It just doesn't get any better than this!! I'm still smilin! HH J.B.

Cool story and a great outcome Jack!
It will be interesting to see if you hear back from any of them.
Still a nice feeling to know that you've done good, and done good for the hobby too!

That's great Jack...Great story...get the rest of the story for us...the dirt in the box...nice touch..Good Luck

A big pat on the back their Jack, WTG

I was able to return 2 of the 3 class ring that I have found in the past and it was a big joy for me and I always enjoy hearing about other ppl when they are able to return a ring that somebody has lost.

Very nice story. Always nice to give non-detectorists a favorable view of the hobby. You'll be able to hunt there forever now!