Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

156 year old coin Vaquero

hatpin

My first outing of the year yields a good find today by a creek . Using a Vaquero with stock coil , I got a nice sweet tone in disc , hit the all metal button and it was so mellow . Vaquero users know what I'm talking about . I carefully popped it out of mud and had no idea what it was . Got it home and wow 1862 British penny found in northern Missouri . My settings were disc set at minimum . Sensitivity at the end of the red . Threshold set loud enough to amplify the sound but still be usable when the all metal button is used .Ground Balanced neutral . It was about five inches down .

Wow! Nice find, thank you for sharing. Encourages us to get out and dig all signal's near a creek or river.

Congratulations!
Paul

Thats a very nice find,often called a young head Viccy penny due,Victoria was Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland from 20 June 1837 until her death in 1901.

Not a particular rare or valuable coin but still a very nice find.

Awesome find!!!
Finds like this really make me think about the travels of that coil. All the way here and presumably so long ago. The stories it could tell... Lol
Congrats on a rare find here in the US :)

Old California said:
Wow! Nice find, thank you for sharing. Encourages us to get out and dig all signal's near a creek or river.

Congratulations!
Paul

This creek is in a remote section of a city park. I have found lots of old coins near it . They are getting hard to come by there . Was really surprised to snag one more .

Stoof-tabsallday said:
Awesome find!!!
Finds like this really make me think about the travels of that coil. All the way here and presumably so long ago. The stories it could tell... Lol
Congrats on a rare find here in the US :)

I could not make out much detail after it was uncovered and didnt recognize the size . About the diameter of a quarter and width of a dime . I was thinking a foreign coin .